cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CL_ICF_BASIC_LOGIN - Custom logon class

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, is there any way to change the logon parameters within this class? Ideally I'd like to redefine the 'SET_GLOBAL_PARAMS' method so as to disable the 3 time user id/password attempt rule to prevent unintentional user id lock-out. I've already created the custom logon screen but I'd really like to remove the password attempt rule for this specific ICF service.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you resolve this? the first link by mrutyun^ should help you.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja, not really, I had already gone through the documentation before and I couldn't find a way to change the password attempts per a given service. The problem stems out of the fact that when attempting to log on to the WAS there is no user feedback indicating entry errors. It is only when the user is returned to the change password screen(if selected for use) where the messages are displayed to the user. The only way to correct this is to go to either the SSO2 or SSL way and configure these properly. I was hoping to go around this as in our company that is a somewhat bureaucratic process( thanks to SOX ) and create a specific service that would allow unlimited attempts for only that service as access to the service was already secure. It wasn't as easy as I was hoping so I'm going to move on. Thanks very much anway though for your help. It was much appreciated.

Kevin

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you dont need to redefine the method. you can set the no. of failed attempts after which the user should be locked in profile parameter

login/fails_to_user_lock

(for documentation of this parameter run transaction RZ11 and for setting the value use RZ10 - after setting the value, the server needs to be restarted)

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja, thanks for the info, however changing this parameter affects all the services and this is something I don't want. I only want to deviate from our current 3 log on attempts for a specific custom ICF service.

Kevin