cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HI !! Sending VAlue To Differnt Components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have four components inside a webdynpro, the three componenets reuires the context value of the first component for its functionality.And these components will acts as differnt iview inside the portal so the functionality is same like a bean in par file.

Also can we store the value of the context inside a data dictonary and access them by the three components.Pls help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try portal eventing for communication between iViews.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.highlightedcontent?documenturi=...toProgramPortalEventing

Good luck,

Roelof

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx For The replies , I have figured out were i was going wrong , Thanx Satyajit.

luciano_leitedasilva
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

So, you can share this atributte value by using the interface controller! For example, when the atribute value be changed, this first component will send this new value to the others components!

I hope that this help!!

Regards,

Luciano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,Luciano

I understand that it has to go through this apporach only just tel me whether i am going correctly or not.

1) calling the inerface controller of second component from one of the view of the first component.

2)Then setting this value in the context of the interface controller , and then sending it to the component controller of the second component.

Pls help as its urgent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you have done seems correct but I would say don't call the second component's interface controller directly from the view. Instead map values from the view context to the first component's interface controller context. Then in the interface controller have a method to pass values to the second component's interface controller. Call this method from the view.

Let the communication be only between interface controllers.

Regards,

Satyajit.

luciano_leitedasilva
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

So, try to follow this way:

<b>1 - Event share attributes at View first component is fired</b> - The attribute is changed and the other components have to know this changes.

<b>2 - Method at first Component Controller is called</b> - This method is called by the View where the event that change the attribute values was changed. This statement will call the Interface controller of other components, and send the new value.

<b>3 - Method at each other's Interface Controller is called</b> - Each other's Interface Controller received the new value and set this new value at its Component Controller context.

This way will solve your problem!

Best Regards,

Luciano