cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File adapter modules : Access to file data before content conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a file sender channel for which content conversion in applied. The incoming file has data in comma separated values format.

e.g.

102366,Amol Joshi,DEPT1

107752,XYZ PQR,DEPT2

I want to access the the actual data in the file before content conversion takes place. Is it possible to access this data inside the adaper module? I tried creating an adapter module and put it before CallSAPAdapter,it still gets the XML after content conversion as the input data to the module.

Any pointers?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do not use the conversion in the file dapter. Instead use the MessageTransformBean after your module and do the conversion here.

Regards

Stefan

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

don't know your requirement but you can put the whole

flat file in one XML tag and you will have it as a flat file

in the adapter module (just extract from this one tag)

maybe this will suit your need

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

michal,

All my interfaces are in working condition and have been tested many times.All of the interfaces have content conversion used and I simply can not disturb all that.:( Few additions to the validation logic are to be done , that too on the actual file content.If it would have been a fresh development then yes, your solution exactly matches with what I would have done, but mine is a classical case of change in customer req

Thanks,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

May be u can Archive the file at the sender (rather than Delete Mode) and read the archived file in module via normal File I/O class.

In this case File content conversion is not disturbed and at the same time u can access the CSV file as such.

Regards,

Sudharshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

I dont know if it is the right approach.

But if u r not able to meet ur requirement u can do one work around.

Use Message Transformation Bean to convert it once again in to CSV (flat file structure) and then proceed with ur module.

There should be a better way than this.

Hope we could find a better solution in the forum.

Regards,

Sudharshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Message Transformation Bean : Can you please point me to details about this?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amol,

For MessageTransformationBean refer to SAP Note:<b> 793922 .</b>

Regards,

Bhavesh