cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmation Checking

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

Please any one describe the process of confirmation checking...

i debugged to std code and i found that while checking the confirmation before saving its also checking for the backend confirmation document...why is it so??

please let me know as its required urgently.

helpful answers will be rewarded.

thanks,

jigs

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, SRM work this way with every document, there are a number of functions BBP_PD_<document>_CREATE

BBP_PD_<document>_UPDATE

BBP_PD_<document>_SAVE

when a user creates a document, say a confirmation, SRM creates a document in some buffer area, it is not yet on the database, SRM continue to update the document adding the accounting data, items, notes.... and when the document is complete and correct the transaction allow the saving of the document by calling BBP_PD_CONF_SAVE, after this call the document is written to the database tables.

If the user discards the document, by exiting the transaction or if the session times out and the document has not been yet saved (parked) everything is lost as the data that reside in the buffer are lost when the user session terminates.

Regards, Luciano.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Luciano,

Thanks for the explanation.

I am still confused with the process. As per my knowledge, here is the flow.

When user selects " confirm goods" option from the combo box, PO list will appear for the confirmation. User will select one of the POs from list and clicks on "create confirmation" button and user will be redirected to the different screen. Before redirecting to the 2nd screen std SAP application creates temporary confirmation with some detail and gets confirmation no,confirmation guid, which is passed to the second screen. When button check confirmation is clicked, function module 'BBP_PD_CONF_CHECK' will be called with the temporary created confirmation GUID to check the confirmation .

Why sap creates temporary confirmation and updates it when user press confirm button?

I am not getting the sentence "This is done to avoid the creation of a document that you already know that, after the approval process, you wont be able to transfer to the backend." in your reply as i am new in SRM.

If user press back to initial screen button then what will happen with the temporary confirmation?

please let me know urgently.

Thanks a lot,

jigs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, the checks done on a confirmation are done using function BBP_PD_CONF_CHECK, this function checks the completeness of the local GR document, after this SRM checks if the document can be created in the backend (if it is a document that will be transferred to a backend ) and this is done calling FM META_GOODSMVT_CREATE_CHECK.

This is done to avoid the creation of a document that you already know that, after the approval process, you wont be able to transfer to the backend.

It seems quite reasonable.

Regards, Luciano.