cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are these Object Keys ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guyz,

i'm kinda' stuck with the concept of 'Object Keys in Configuraiton Objects' in http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/34/393071e9b998438ddb8ce97cd617a1/frameset.htm.

Though I found furhter more explanation in book by Jens Stumpe & Joachim Orb' under section 6.3.2 , 'Key Fields', i'm not unable to comprehend the crux of the whole thing.

Could you anyone of you guide/explain me what it means ? Basically I udnerstand that these sections are pointing to the Keys of various config objects ( Key : I think through which we can identify unique object) but i'm sure i'm not getting complete picture and missing subtleties.

any explanation with some example will be highly appreciated .....

Thanks a ton in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

let me try to expain the same using my understanding.

<i>Basically I udnerstand that these sections are pointing to the Keys of various config objects ( Key : I think through which we can identify unique object)</i>

>>>> true. They help to make the object creted unique. If you refer this link - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/5d/372f41fe21c059e10000000a155106/content.htm

you will find the factors called keys that help make that object to be uniquely identified.

Take the example of a Collaboration Profile Objects. in the link above the table shows you which can be the keys to identify/create that object. either it can be a combination of the party/service/channel or service/channel. so once that combination is created and save you will not be able to make another that follows the same criterion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your explanation. My understandiing of first table in that link is as follows: Kindly let me know whether this is fine ?

For 'Party' object, key constitutes of Party(name), Service (name) & Comm Channel(name).

For 'Service' object, key constitutes of Service(name) & Comm Channel(Name).

??

Thanks

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes ... your interpretation is correct !!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Everything what you define in XI IR and ID is internally stored as objects and these keys are used to reference within (background) to reference to what you define Vs what is being stored.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi - as per ur explanation my understanding is - to identify a config object say 'service' object , XI internally identifies it provided it has 'Service(name)' and 'Communication Channel (name)' ?

Pls refer to my earlier question to Shabarish Vijay as i'm refering to same explanation ....

thanks in advance