cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass parameter via URL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a short question. Is it possible to pass parameters via URL to a VC iView and them set them as default values in input fields in the model?

Kind regards,

Dominik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

thanks for your reply... to tell the truth I expected an other answer. So is there a how to guide or something like that about this?

Kind regards,

dominik

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi dominik,

I'm sorry that I haven't the time to search the document for you, but you are right, there is a how-to guide or something like that available in the SDN. Have a look for signal in and signal out component, then you have the possibility to communicate between iViews. In your case you can pass parameter via URL.

Best Regards,

marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can pass paramaters into a VC Model through the URL.

As of SPS8, you can use the URL of the iView to call it, then create a model with a start point and your parameters and then:

Singleton start point with the following parameters: {BANK_CTRY, MAX_ROWS}

<The IView URL and other portal parameters>&_paramsXmlStr_=<Params><Row BANK_CTRY="US" MAX_ROW="10"></Params>

Well this is an example, but try it out with

Array start point (Multiple parameters) with the following parameters: {BANK_CTRY, BANK_KEY, BANK_NAME}

<The IView URL and other portal parameters>&_paramsXmlStr_=<Params><Row BANK_CTRY="US" BANK_KEY="0000000001" BANK_NAME="AAA"> </Row>><Row BANK_CTRY="US" BANK_KEY="0000000002" BANK_NAME="BBB"></Row>><Row BANK_CTRY="US" BANK_KEY="0000000003" BANK_NAME="CCC"></Row></Params>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much, works quite fine now. Unfortunatelly I have an other problem now, but I will post it as a new question...

kind regards,

dominik

Answers (0)