Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcode (new technologie) in SmartForms -> human readable half embedded

pascal_khnis
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm printing a SmartForms with a code128 barcode. I used to define my barcodes with the old technologie in SE73, because I was able to configure my barcode with a print-control in HEX-Code.

I always define my barcodes with the option "human readable text half embedded" OSS-Note 45643. How can i define a barcode with human readable text half embedded (code128) with the new technologie in SE73?

Do I have to set a start-sign at the beginning of the barcode data?

Thanks a lot.

Pascal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi can u please solve my problem,

I have created bar code system bar code and then i have created the smart style too. Please tell me how to add the style in smartform, give me detail steps with a simple example. so that when i press the test in smartforms i can view a sample bar code preview.

Thanks

GK

sridhar_k1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Half embeding text in barcode is the option provided by the barDIMM you are using in the printer and activated by the hex-code.

Human readable text is not supported in new barcode technology because SAP genrates the barcode and no need of barDIMM if printed on printers using PCL POST deveice types.

If you are printing barcode using new tech on zebra printers, human readable text can be activated by adding attribute S_LZPL_HR to the command node in smartforms.

Regards

Sridhar

pascal_khnis
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

thanks for your helpful answer. In this case, I will define my barcodes with the

old technology because "human readable text" is the most important thing for

our customers.

Regards

Pascal

pascal_khnis
Participant
0 Kudos

Back on top!