Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCS Deployer issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Server setup - WAS SP16.

Problem : Automatic/Manual deployment fails

We tried using TCS Deployer for manual deployment however in the TCS Deployer page those requests still show and do not get diminished even after trigger automatic deployment using TCS Deployer.

I tried checking for logs in /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/TCS/LOG and found only information message such as "deploy every archive associated to buildspace : XXXXX"

When I check for individual buildrequest, it gives me status as QUEUED.

I checked build log, build is successful. There are process such as createDeployArchive and packDeployArchive. I am not sure if deployment is successful. If anyone can tell me how to identify whether a buildrequest is deployed ?

I also checked the request log , it states the following :

Build number assigned: 177

Change request state from QUEUED to PROCESSING

Change request state from PROCESSING to PROCESSING

Change request state from PROCESSING to SUCCEEDED

However, the TCS deployer still states build request 177 is Queued.

More importantly, I would like to know, how to identify whether the request has been deployed.

Just to add, I have referred to notes : 770522, 793508, 793935, 732921.

I also had a look at the TCSDeployer log files. Part of it said this

#1.5#00306EA79CBF00A1000000030000167700041F8D550899EC#1160591777695#com.sap.cms.tcs.beans.TCSDeployServlet$Deployer#sap.com/tcSLCMS~TCSEar#com.sap.cms.tcs.beans.TCSDeployServlet$Deployer#cmsadm#420##bdhp4373_GGD_25213250#kurien.r#204940a0595711dba0cc00306ea79cbf#Thread[Thread-1041,5,SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_Group]##0#0#Error#1#/Applications/TCSDeployer#Plain###Deployment of build space GGD_RUI_D failed: com.sap.engine.services.ejb.exceptions.BaseRemoteException: Exception in method deployCaller.

at com.sap.cms.tcs.beans.TCSDeployObjectImpl10.deployCaller(TCSDeployObjectImpl10.java:989)

at com.sap.cms.tcs.beans.TCSDeploy_Stub.deployCaller(TCSDeploy_Stub.java:940)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb.session.stateless_sp5.ObjectStubProxyImpl.invoke(ObjectStubProxyImpl.java:187)

at $Proxy180.deployCaller(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.cms.tcs.beans.TCSDeployServlet$Deployer.run(TCSDeployServlet.java:1477)

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.cms.tcs.beans.TCSDeployBean.deploy(TCSDeployBean.java:2074)

at com.sap.cms.tcs.beans.TCSDeployBean.deployCaller(TCSDeployBean.java:1449)

at com.sap.cms.tcs.beans.TCSDeployObjectImpl10.deployCaller(TCSDeployObjectImpl10.java:982)

... 8 more

Basically deployment failed.

Regards,

Subramanian V.

Message was edited by:

Subramanian Venkateswaran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We applied the patches for SP16 for NWDI/JDI and this issue got resolved.

Regards,

Subramanian V.