cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versioning in SAP MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

How different version of data and attributes are managed in SAP MDM , can some one pls help and also about the different audit - trail SAP MDM uses ,

regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Data Versioning?

style='font-size:10.0pt'>  There really is no out of the box Versioning
available for records (any table types).  Workarounds (all messy) - if you really,
really need to keep versions of the same master data record around.

1. Manipulate the tableunique keys to allow duplicates, and use matching to merge versions as needed. Use key mapping to record a version number?

2. Check out a copy of theoriginal record - it becomes a self contained version visible to that user, andanyone else allowed to Join that check-out.  Check-in or Rollback to return tooriginal version.  N/A for lookup tables.

MetamodelVersioning?

There is no way toversion the Metamodel without creating alternate repositories.

+(if someone hasother approaches, I’d love to hear them.  My outfit is attempting to version MDMservices for both data & metadata)+

Auditing

style='font-size:10.0pt'> (via Change Tracking) is rudimentary - you'll need
something like this Oracle query.  Be sure to purge/analyze A2i_CM_History at regular intervals!

SELECT 

rtrim(tablename) “Table Name”

,rtrim(fieldname)“Field Name”

,rtrim(decode(entrytype,'I','Created','M','Modified','D','Deleted',entrytype)) “Typeof Change”

,rtrim(username)“User Name” 

,rtrim(recordname)“Record Identifier”

,rtrim(oldvalue)“Old Value”

,rtrim(newvalue)“New Value” 

,to_char(eventtime,'MM/DD/YYYYHH:MI:SS PM') “Date and Time” 

FROM 

WHEREeventtime >= SYSDATE - &vDaysToAudit

AND rtrim(tablename) = '&'

ORDERBY eventtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can turn on the change tracking in MDM Console.

The change tracking data is stored in the database.

However, you have to write queries at the database layer to get meaningful reports.

In my opinion, this tracking facility is naive and not very useful for practical purposes.

Hope this helps.