cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printing and tag commissioning AII

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need some help with tag commissioning and label printing in AII. I have read the documentation, however I still have some questions and unresolved issues. My concerns are around triggering the label print and commissioning of tags.

1. Do you need to have a device controller to print labels from AII?

2. How can the label print process be triggered from AII- I know that the mobile interface and the desktop UI both support this- however I am not sure how the rules are configured to send a print message to the printer and commission a tag?

3. Do you have to configure the printer as a device controller or a device in AII?

I know a lot of folks have successfully printed labels and commissioned tags from AII and any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ismail,

Hope this helps :

Do you need to have a device controller to print labels from AII?

Answer : Vijay has correctly answered this one. I go with him on this.

How can the label print process be triggered from AII- I know that the mobile interface and the desktop UI both support this- however I am not sure how the rules are configured to send a print message to the printer and commission a tag?

Answer : Well, commissioning tag is no miracle. It is exactly the way we print any document. The printer needs to be installed or added or registered on your laptop or machine. Secondly, as mentioned by Vijay, we need to add the printer under device group. It is this configuration that helps you identify and select an appropriate printer while you are commissioning the tag. When you are to commission a tag, you can select from the list of available printers (once added under the device group 'printer')

However my question was geared towards understanding the need for an actual device controller software. Do you need to deploy device controller software to integrated a zebra label into AII.

Well, ideally it should be possible to commission and print a tag without an actual device controller running parrallely. I remember, my team having done it once. But I did face some issues while setting it up again some time later. Let me check my document repository and I may be able to send you some documents. Do send me your email address.

Regards,

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

thanks for your post. I am aware that a logical device controller has to be defined in AII, however my question was geared towards understanding the need for an actual device controller software. Do you need to deploy device controller software to integrated a zebra label into AII.

As far as the process is concerned, I wanted to know a good way to print a label and commisson a tag. Eg. using a handheld commission a tag using fixed device and then use the rules configuration to generate a label and commission a tag with a serialized sscc. I believe I have configured my rules and messages correctly now. However I am unable to print labels due to printer related issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ismail,

Let me make an attempt to provide solutions.

1) Yes, you need to define a Device Controller to print labels in AII. The transaction is 'ain/device'. First, a Device Controller needs to be defined under which Device Groups are to be defined. The actual devices are maintained under the Device Groups.

2) Are you asking about the Process through which the actual printing is done by the Hardware?

3) Printer has to be defined under a Device controller-> Device Group.

Hope that helps.

Vijay

PS: Provide points if the solution is helpful.