cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dialog WP in R/3 due to XI RFC adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are having performance issues in SAP R/3 due to an interface heavy RFC adapter usage in XI. We'd like to limit the maximum number of dialog work process for the RFC user in order to avoid colapsing the machines as it has already happened in the past but we find no solution yet.

Any help on this would be really apreciated.

Regards,

David Encinas.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What kind of RFC are you using?

Is it a customer program or an SAP standard?

For me it seems that your problem is not really an XI problem.

You should do a performance test on SAP ERP by running the program with transaction SE37 also there is a performance test tool on SAP GUI.

I think if you will start this program on SAP ERP several times you will have the same problem.

The most SAP programmer does not watch about their “Select statements” if the result is what customer need they are happy.

But they will never do performance tests

Daniel

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe the parameters you want are in RZ10 on the R/3 side. If it is not directly in RZ10, then it is accessible from RZ10 on the menu.

There is a parameter to control percentage of total WP's available on an app server that can be used by RFC. Sorry, don't have access to the t-code here or I would be more specific.

I originally had suggested RZ12, but correct t-code to make permanent change is RZ10.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To change your SAP ERP it is not the right way.

In this case XI will get errors from SAP ERP and so your sender will get a problem.

Try to modify your XI process. Use a timer function between each RFC call.

Daniel

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This tuning guide may help u-

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70ada5ef-0201-0010-1f8b-c935e444...

Try out changing the max.no. of connection in the RFC reciever Communication channel to more no. but it may hit no. of workprocess

This SAP note on Virtual Memory settings may help u- 709140-

- If you get runtime JCO connection failure

Increase the number of processes in VisualAdmin (VisualAdmin>JCO RFC Provider>AI_RUNTIME_<SID>) and see if that helps.

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt response!

However, the issue is that XI sends a lot of RFCs and once in SAP, this executes reports that require access to the database. As the RFC finish quickly, we see no issue in XI but on the R/3, the table get blocked.

What I was looking is a way to limit the number of WP in SAP for the user that execute the report in order to avoid performance issues in SAP.

Thanks any way,

Encinas.