cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Anyone tell me in detail abt this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

can anyone tell me wht will b the format of data in legacy system.

wht r the diff formats in which data can b stored in legacy system.

how data is shifted to SAP system frm legacy system?

can anyone explain me this scenario :-

legacy system to an SAP R/3 system by using file and IDOC adapter.

please take time ans answer these quests

thank u

xilearner

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

any thing which are stored in a manual approach with out an automation process called legacy system.. for an example, date stored in .txt, .XLS, .CSV are called legacy data.

hope this clarifies

thanks-GS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the case of the file adapter, the format can be in various formats. The most common ones are fixed columns and delimited (e.g. comma-delimited). The file adapter configuration can be used to convert these 2 formats to XML. You can reference SAP Help for the details on the conversion configurations.

Of course, XML formatted file can be sent without conversion.

If there are special formatted file, which cannot be converted using the "structured" conversion, e.g. fixed column and delimited, java modules can be used to convert them. The java module can be an adapter user-module, which is used in the adapter configuration. Or, the java module can be used in java mapping in the Integration Repository.

Regards,

Bill

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

first of all what is legacy system in your landscape ? It may not be only a file system. It may be a any system .

Generally if your legacy system is a file based, then it will be either comma separated file or Fixed length fields file. Anyway it depends.

To work on file ->XI-->Idoc , these guides may help u-

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/cdded790-0201-0010-6db8-beb9bb2b...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.highlightedcontent?documenturi=...PackagingandMappingTechniques.doc

Regards,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank u very much for u r valuable suggestion. it really helped me a lot.

xilearner