cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing labels

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am printing labels on Zebra printer. I have created text file using 3rd part tool and loaded that in standard text and using that standard text in SAP forms to print the labels. When I try to print the file is directly going into spool. When I try to print from there it gives me message "Waiting in host spooler". What does it mean. Do I need to change the page format in smart form. My label size is 140 x 100.

Do I need to some setting on the printer? My problem is that we don't have the printer. It is at different location.

Thanks,

AP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

These could be reasons, will help you in solving the problem.

1. The message 'Waiting in Host Spooler' shows you that SAP hasn't finished processing the job yet. Sometimes there are other print jobs running in the queue that haven't finished.

2. We sometimes get this after a printer has been switched off then back on again. Check the print status in User System. You may need to stop and restart the print daemon.

3. Ask your BASIS to perform cleanup job. this could be another reason.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

2. We sometimes get this after a printer has been switched off then back on again. Check the print status in User System. You may need to stop and restart the print daemon.

What is print daemon?

How can I start and restart?

Thanks,

Amol..

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not a SAP terminology

"Disk And Execution MONitor" A program that is not invoked explicitly, but lies dormant waiting for some conditions to occur.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ragu-

How do I resolve point 2? Can you please explain?

Thanks,

AP

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure about the exact service. But you can take the help of your BASIS. Check the profile. rdisp/wp_no_spool

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ragu-

I have setup the zebra printer on machine as default (text print). So while printing if I give "LOCL" (local print) instead of the printer name it prints fine but if I give printer name it goes to spool and gives

Info: Request Received

Last event:

Time: 11/28/2006 07:06:20

Job status: Waiting in host spooler

Error class: Information

Area: Spool

Printer was switch off once by mistake. The printer is at different location from where I am working from.

Thanks,

Amol..

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sure, it will work if you clear printer memory, by restarting the PC or by switching the Printer on and off. Try both. Your problem will be solved.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ragu-

Thanks. Do you mean switch off PC on which I am working on???

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No,

Its is the PC to which the printer is installed (That we call host spooler).

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ragu-

we turned off and on printer but still not working.

The printer is in network so then what will be the host spooler?

Thanks,

AP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ragu-

I am still not getting the printout. Can you please suggest what else I can do?

THanks,

Amol..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ragu-

Basis did the printer clean up and now I am able to print the labels.

Thank you everyone for all your help

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

have taken any print out of the current form coz until u take the printout u r not very sure of the case ur defining .trying printing the form on a zebra printers zs zebra printers will best support labels.feel free to get back incase of any issues.

Rgds,

Durgaprasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think your problem is with printer only. Most of the printers not supported the Lables printing. Ask your onsite team members(who is having the Zebra Printer) for print your form. then you will get an Idea.

Thanks

Sekhar