Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO problem: Create/Preview/Edit/Test/Ping/Remove grayedout

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I go into Maintain JCo Destinations:

Go to Content Administration -> WebDynpro ->Maintain JCO Destinations

Create/configure the jco connections

I can see the various JCo destinations like SAP_R3_Financials etc, but all the buttons, including the Status are grayed out. Has anyone encountered this problem before? Any hints on how to resolve this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Go to visual adminstrator path:

<drive>:/usr/sap/ep1/dvebmgs00/j2ee/admub/go.bat

1)Make a new connection.

user name:j2ee_admin

host->ip of your ep server

port->50004

On left side panel

Goto->cluster ->goto server>services>sld data supplier

set rfc settings

Gateaway sevices->sapgw/00

CIM client geneartion settings

host-> ip of your ep server

Port->50000

user->j2ee_admin

HTTP settings

port ->50000

user :j2ee_admin

Goto ->C:/system32/etc/services(of your server)

Enter <SID><port>/tcp for eg. saprmsR28 3600/tcp

if you donot know which port the service is using ,log on to tha R/3 system and call the tcode aL11

Navigate to the DIR_HOME and double click on the message server trace dev_ms.There you should find a line that reads I listen to the port saprms<sid>(<port>)*

To know the message sever go to:

tcode al11 ,select DIR_PROFILE and double click on the DEFAULT.PFL.The parameter rdisp/mshost in the config,tells you the hostname of the message server

Please awards point if you find suggestion help ful*

Regards

Nidhideep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much Nidhideep. I had the SLD Bridge, RFC etc configured last week. The problem still remains

Former Member
0 Kudos

I made a bit of progress.... I gave ALL sorts of roles to the user I'm doing the admin with. Now I can seee the "Create" button. (The status shows red). When I create a new JCO destination, I get this error:

Failed to create new JCO client connection SAP_R3_SelfServiceGenerics: com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.sal.sl.api.WDSystemLandscapeException: Failed to create new JCO client connection SAP_R3_SelfServiceGenerics: com.sap.lcr.api.cimclient.LcrException: CIM_ERR_FAILED: Unable to execute createInstance() request, exclusive write mode is enabled at com.sap.lcr.api.cimclient.SimpleResponseAnalyser.raiseExceptionOnError(SimpleResponseAnalyser.java:120) at com.sap.lcr.api.cimclient.SimpleResponseAnalyser.getIResult(SimpleResponseAnalyser.java:53) at com.sap.lcr.api.cimclient.CIMOMClient.sendImpl(CIMOMClient.java:218) at com.sap.lcr.api.cimclient.CIMOMClient.send(CIMOMClient.java:146) at com.sap.lcr.api.cimclient.CIMOMClient.createInstanceImpl(CIMOMClient.java:667) at com.sap.lcr.api.cimclient.CIMOMClient.createInstance(CIMOMClient.java:649) at com.sap.lcr.api.cimclient.CIMClient.createInstance(CIMClient.java:727) at com.sap.lcr.api.sapmodel.JavaCIMObjectAccessor.createInstance(JavaCIMObjectAccessor.java:44) at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.SystemLandscapeFactory.createJCOClientConnection(SystemLandscapeFactory.java:325) at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.sal.sl.api.WDSystemLandscape.createJCOClientConnection(WDSystemLandscape.java:107) at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.tools.sld.ButtonBar.onActionFinish(ButtonBar.java:264) at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.tools.sld.wdp.InternalButtonBar.wdInvokeEventHandler(InternalButtonBar.java:265) at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.generation.DelegatingView.invokeEventHandler(DelegatingView.java:87) at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Action.fire(Action.java:67) at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.doHandleActionEvent(WindowPhaseModel.java:420) at

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

The whole problem arises when the backend system is not neatly defined in the SLD.

I would suggest to xheck out if the backend has a LOGON GROUP "PUBLIC" by calling the transaction SMLG. If not define it.

Update your changed settings to th eSLD using RZ70.

And now define the JCO Destinations from scratch in the Webdypro Content Administrator.

Regards

Nidhideep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your suggestion Nidhideep. The problem still remains... any new ideas would be most welcome!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member85655
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You have not configured the SLD. This document should help.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/526bd490-0201-0010-038e-d3f...

Regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arun. I had read this doc sometime back. The SLD is confiured ok, and the "Test Connection" and "Start SLD" all work fine.

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Moez,

Is SLD up and running?

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maksim: SLD is indeed running.