cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating simple E-mail alert rule with the details of error category

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have automized sales order process between .net and SAP using rfc in sap-xi, every thing is running perfectly fine, thanks alot to Michal Krawczyk and Krishna Moorthy for the help, now i want to create a simple E-mail alert rule with the details of error category, error code back to user group, can any one help

me how to create the mail, SMTP confuguring part we already did that.

thank you for the help,

Gayatri.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

can i create a mail alert without touching the abap stack, i mean is it possible to create an alert in RWB in XI.

regards,

Srinath.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

no... If you want to create a Alert, you need to create a Alert Category ...

So it is in the ABAP stack. Actually Alert Management is responsible to trigger the alert-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/3f/81023cfa699508e10000000a11402f/content.htm

Regards,

moorthy

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do not think that is possible. Alert rules alone are created in your RWB. To create alert categories, you would need to use the transaction ALRTCATDEF.

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<u><b>Sending Email via Alerts- Text Messages</b></u>

1.Assign the Email Id to the recipient of the Alert in SU01.

2.Go the Alert Inbox of the recipient in RWB , Personalization > Time Independent Delivery> Email.

3 If SCOT has been configured, for every Alert sent to the Alert Inbox of the user, the Alert Email will now be triggered.

4. Text of the mail will be the Long Text defined in ALRTCATDEF

<u><b>Sending Email via Alerts- XML Messages</b></u>

1. To send an Email as an XML message, go to ALRTCATDEF> Select your Alert Category> Settings --> Configuration.

2 In the window that pops up, under Processing , select option, SMTP Forwarding as XML and give the Email ID of to which the XML Alert Mail is to be sent.

Regards,

Bhavesh

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Aleady some good documentation is given.

configuring the Transaction SCOT important step here,..So you will get mails based on the User Id mentioned in the Recipeients Section in during Alert Category Creation (ALRTCATDEF). So make sure that each user id has attached with email id in the SU01 transaction for that user.

Just to add on -http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/49/cbfb40f17af66fe10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Regards,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gayatri,

Please go through these...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9418d690-0201-0010-85bb-e9b2c1af... -- How to set up alerts for monitoring in SAP XI

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step -- XI Alerts : Step by Step

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers