cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compiling, compiling, compiling...with trial version, working impossible

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there,

i have installed net weavers 2004'S abap trail on my pc.

on every transaction i want to enter there is only a 'compiling xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx', the pc is 'dead' in this time, the harddisk is going crazy. after some minutes it is compiled..........but it is impossible to use the pc at the time of compiling.

Why are the objects not compiled ?

what can i do ? doing an SGEN ??? this will take............i don't know how long, but VERY long ! even on a 'normal' pc like mine

regards, Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martin

I have mine installed on a desktop PC; 1.8GHz CPU, 1GB RAM, 1 hard disk. This is just an average desktop PC, not a high end PC by any means.

BUT, I run the GUI from another PC across the network, so I have removed the overhead of the GUI from the desktop. This is in part because of the minimal RAM and mid speed CPU. If you run the GUI on the same PC as the database, memory and CPU speed become more important.

I also have the hard drive defragmented, so the major files are not fragmented, which improved disk performance.

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

until yesterday i had 512 mb ram, since yesterday 1 gig ! maybe this was a problem ! but i haven't started the trial version since then because i had no time.

i have a desktop pc with 3.0 ghz cpu, 1 gb ram and 1 hard disk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I installed R3, that was not compiled, and I had to run SGEN. "I think" one reason is db space. If you don't compile less space is used, so it makes sense for shipping/delivery, as back then R3 came on I think 14 CDs, and usage. I think this is also true for the installed application, compile and it will use more db space. Why compile code that you will never use?

Martin, what is the specs of the PC you are running; CPU speed, RAM, HD RPM speed. While mine does the compile, it takes no more than a couple minutes for the longest compile, usually less than a minute. If you are doing this on a laptop, that is the worst possible place, as EVERYTHING is on ONE disk, and you are having classic head contention problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you have to run SGEN to regenerate .. Time depends on your hardware configuration.

thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

okay, but why is sap not able to deliver a 'ready to go'-system. this is very stupid, isn't it ?

what sgen-options i should use ?

i think everyone is installing this on his own pc in the office...........these are not high-tech-servers for running a completly sgen !

regards, Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use

Generate all Objects of Selected Software Components , on the following screen select componenets

thanks

Prince Jose

dirk_feeken
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Providing a system with everything precompiled would increase the size of the download files by 60% and also the required free harddisk space during installation. Because of the special fast installation procedure of the trial version, every additional GB of database content requires several GBs temporary hard disk space during the installation.

We tried to keep this as small as possible especially for Laptops.

Dirk Feeken

BTW: I got already complaints from people who missed the required free disk space by a tiny fraction, calling it stupid that some TAs (se80) are already compiled.