cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting in XI and matching an outgoing value with an incoming response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know how to "wait" in a normal XI interface? I need to send data to a bank and retain the sum value. Then wait for them to respond and see if the values match. If they match I do nothing - If they don't I send an email.

Thanks!

Andrew

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in this Bank-Xi-Mail, U can use BPM control block – wait step. But the practical problem is, if bank fails to send U the file with in the fixed time, BPM will raise an exception, and process will be stopped. Otherwise U can increase Ur wait time… but this will effects on the performance of IS.

Once the bank send the actual file after the fixed time, how can U handle?

Conventional method is to store the values in Ztable in Xi/Source SAP system. Structure of Ur Ztable or Maintaining Ztable is depends on Ur business requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have heard this mentioned to store the values in a ztable - how do I do this? Do I have to write an RFC? Unfortunately I do not know ABAP coding.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Am not sure if ZTable is a good idea, You may have a additional work of migrating the table during upgrades(Your BASIS would have more work on custom tables, which am sure they wouldn't want to manage). I dont see using XI as a database a good solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought the purpose of using corelation values was so that if it did not match I could throw the exception and send the email ... maybe I don't understand the proper way to use them.

Again I am sending a message, waiting 2hrs then going and retrieving the response and comparing the sum totals between outbound and inbound - if they don't match I send an error mail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scott

You are right.. use BPM.. since it is a conditional waiting, it can be easily implemented using BPM.. later if you want to configure ur waiting time or want to use some more conditions on waiting also can be done using BPM.. go ahead..

u r on the right track!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the frequency of data transfer from the bank to Xi system? If that is fixed time, U can use the wait step in BPM.

Otherwise, during SAP – Xi – Bank, maintain a custom table in Xi – ABAP stack. using RFC/Proxy U can update the required value with keys.

Now, Bank – Xi – Mail, in graphical mapping write a UDF to call a RFC using a JCo call for accessing Ztable(or U can use Proxy). Compare the values in the same UDF and U can send an alert as mail to the concern people. Whenever the bank sends the Acknowledgement, this mapping program will executed and alert will be raised for every mismatch.

from,

Yallabandi...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks - In answer to your quesiton, basically we wait 2hrs after we send and then use the file adapter to pick up the response. It is Asyncronous.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

many ways to achieve that:

- you can send a message with a BPM (and wait for correlated value)

but it involves the use of a BPM + don't know how long you need to wait

- with the first flow you can also store the value of the sum + some identifier

and just check if with the bank's reponse with another flow

faster as no BPM involved

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael -

Very interested in the second option. Would I store it while in my message map? How do I do this? Thank you so much for your response!

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

sure you can do it in the mapping

(abap mapping for example in the ZTable)

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal

I don't know abap mapping I could get the abap guys involved, but is there a way to store the value inside of XI db using message ( graphical ) mapping? The return data will never go back into SAP - they just want an email if values don't match.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

I have decided to go the BPM route. I set up a send, wait, recieve and created the coorelation activate and use ( activate on the send and use on the receive ). Does anyone know how I should throw an exception and send an email if the corelation number ( totals ) doesn't match?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure I follow your question, or perhaps your meaning of "wait". But depending on how the message is being sent, XI can certainly wait for a message. You can configure that in your communication channel. That is, if I understand what you are asking correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

Actually the waiting part isn't so important as the matching up part, because it isn't a syncrounous call. So in other words - I send the data out to the bank, and then sometime later they will send me back an acknowledgement and our business people only want to be emailed if the totals don't match.