cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross component mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My cross component mapping does not work and I am not sure why.

This is how my WD application look like.

I have MAIN component with two embeded components COMP1 and COMP2.

Sinds I get a parameter via the URL I defined parameter in the WDA which I need to fill in the context of the MAIN componet controller context.

By using the HANDLEDEFAULT on the MAIN window I fill in the context of the WINDOW which is mapped to the context of the MAIN component controller.

Now I need to make the cross component mapping with interfacecontroller of the COMP1. The External Context Mapping to be precise.

The context of COMP1 component controller is the same as in the MAIN component.

The 'Input Element (Ext.)' is checked.

In the properties of the MAIN window and component controller I added COMP1 and COMP2, both component and interface controller.

I also created an instance of the COMP1 in the WDDOINIT of the MAIN componentcontroller.

In the MAIN component I linked via the Component Usage the COMP1 interfacecontroller context with the context of the MAIN componentcontroller.

Still I get an error message that the context node X is not mapped correctly.

What am I forgetting to do?

Please, could someone help me with this?

Regards,

Amel Alic

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member215843
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amel Alic,

Please take into account that method WDDOINIT of the component controller is prior to the Default Inboundplug of the Window. Therefore the context mapping may be called before the context node is filled.

Perhaps it helps if you declare the empty view as the default view, and then in the inboundplug of your main component, you fill the node, then instantiate the subcomponents and then navigate to the interface view of the subcomponent(s). This is of course only necessary, if you want to display views of comp1 and/or comp2 on your first screen.

Ciao, Regina