cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change vendor of a development component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

is there a possibility to change only the vendor name in a DC?

Reason for my question is this: the developers created their software component in the SLD, but we didn't set up the name service properly.

So when they created DCs in their Studios they chose "sap.com" as vendor.

We have NW 2004, SP16. I was wondering if there is a simple solution like "move DCs" or something like that, so that after the correct set up of the name server the DCs could be moved to the correct vendor?

Thanks in advance!

Cornelia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I known it isn't possible to change the vendor once you have created the development component. Same with the DC name. I have never found an option to do so.

Regards,

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was afraid the answer would be like this...

Do you have any idea how I can solve the problem? Or do the developers have to create new DCs with the same source code?

Anyway, thanks a lot for your fast answer!

Best regards,

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this <a href="/people/helmut.tammen2/blog/2006/01/30/how-to-migrate-a-dc-to-a-new-sc is a possible solution to your problem.

Regards,

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as the blog instructs you to manually edit the .dcdef file you may also do so "in place" if you don't want to move the DCs to other SCs: check out the .dcdef files, edit name and vendor in those files and in the dependencies, create/delete .dcref files in the SCs hierarchy as necessary.

If you do it like that the name reservation in SLD will be missing though. If you want to recreate those you can set up a dummy SC somewhere, create all your DCs, check in the activity and then delete that dummy SC. You have to do a checkin as creation of the DCs will only create a preliminary reservation in SLD, check-in is required to finalize reservation. Make sure the nameserver is correctly configured on the DTR server!

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the blog and the additional information!

I talked to our developers and we plan to create a new SC ("version 2") and to copy the DCs in there, just to make sure that we will not lose anything. We only have to wait for everyone to check in their activities - as there are many changes made now.

Best regards,

Cornelia

Answers (0)