Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

some questions again..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

my questions are...

1.what are the preconfigured steps for proxies..

2.is there any dependency between software products and softare components..and also business systems and technical systems..

3.how to know that,a message has been received by the receiver system...

4.where do we do adapter configuration in XI.

5.what is meant by central adter engine and local adapter engine...

6.what are the types of errors we get in real time scenario...plz dont say me that, it depends on the scenario...just tell me what ever you guys have experianced...

<b>i also have one more question plz..

how do u prioratise the Q's in the adapter..i wanted the procedure..plz..</b>

Thanks in advance...

Cheers,

Raghavesh

Message was edited by:

Raghavesh Reddy

Message was edited by:

Raghavesh Reddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>6.what are the types of errors we get in real time scenario...plz dont say me that, it depends on the scenario...just tell me what ever you guys have experianced...</i>

>>>>

ref: /people/prashanth.azharuddin/blog/2006/11/24/some-errors-in-an-xi-production-environment

<i>4.where do we do adapter configuration in XI.</i>

>>>>

in your ID, by creating a communication channel

<i>5.what is meant by central adter engine and local adapter engine</i>

u can configure ur adapter engine centrally or locally (on a different server). the main advantage is to help balance the load and avoid fail over in case one engine goes down.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) /people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/07/28/smarter-approach-for-coding-abap-proxies

2 ... 6 are answered above

Also check your e-mail I sent you very good XI documentation.

Daniel

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavesh,

1. For ABAP and JAVA proxy steps you can refer to this blog:-

ABAP Proxy Scenarios:

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

Java Proxy Scenarios:

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/27/asynchronous-inbound-java-proxy

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies

2. A Software product (like R/3) may exist in multiple versions (like 4.6c, 4.7 and ....)

A software component is a unit of software delivery that has its own support package. Like SAP_APPL and SAP_HR and etc.

A Software Product is composed of one or more software components. For ex: SAP BASIS, SAP GUI, SAP APPL and etc...

The relationship btw a software product and its constituent components is associated by a Software Feature.

Just to wrap up:-

1 Product can have many Product Version

1 Product Version can have many Software Feature

1 Software Coponent can have many Software Component Version

Many Software Component Version can have many Software Feature

4. Adapter needs to be configured in the Integ Directory. You need to create communication channels and configure the adapter as per your scenario requirement.

5. The central adapter engine is installed on the Integration Server. Also for load balancing, it can be installed locally but we will have to still configure, manage and monitored it centrally.

Regards.

Praveen

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

2--> Technical system and business systems are related. When you create a business system, it belogs to one Technical system. For the case of Web as ABAP, the Business System has a 1: 1 relation with the tech systems.

3--> a few adapters support application acknowledgemetns and they can be used in such cases. Few others only support transport acknowledgements and this ensures that the message has been sent to the Adapter Engine from the integration server succesfully. Check this link for more on acknowldegements,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0d/5ab43b274a960de10000000a114084/content.htm

4--> Adaptr Configuration is done on the Integration Directory.

5--> Central adapter engine is the engine installed by default on your XI. If needed, for load balancing and disaster recovery a stand alone Adapter Engine can also be installed.

6--> prodction errors, check these blogs,

/people/prashanth.azharuddin/blog/2006/11/24/some-errors-in-an-xi-production-environment

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/11/22/error-handling-framework-xiout-of-the-box-episode-1

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/11/23/error-handling-framework-xiout-of-the-box-episode-2

Regards,

Bhavesh