Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on WD for ABAP Interactive Forms

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have worked on Interactive forms in WD for Java. Now I am trying the same with ABAP. I created an InteractiveForm Element. Attached a PDF Source, gave a new Template source name and created the template using forward navigation on the fly. Soon after its creation i get an error saying "Error while generating document". I believe it system is running out of memory.

1) My question is does Adobe designer open in Se80 Tcode itself.

2) Why is there a concept of interface template here in ABAP. I am also able ot see data source option still in ABAP. Why do i need an Interface.

3) Why do I need SFP Tcode ?

Regards,

Murali.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

venkata_ramisetti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muralidaran,

SFP is a workbench tool used for developing PDF-Based Forms using Adobe LiveCycle Designer.

Transaction SE80(Object Navigator) is for navigating to various SAP workbench tools. For example ABAP EDITOR(SE38), SCREEN PAINTER(SE51), FUNCTION BUILDER(SE37), <b>Form Builder(SFP)</b>..etc.

We can either navigate to any workbench tool directly using the corresponding transaction code (for example SFP for Form Builder, SE37 for function module builder) or using SE80 transaction.

So in either ways(SE80, SFP), we are accessing the same transaction SFP for building PDF-based forms.

SFP is integrated with Adobe LiveCycle Designer and we can access and design the PDF Form by accessing SAP data through Form Interface.

Basically using Form Interface, we can specify what SAP data can be accessed in the PDF Form. Thais data will be supplied to the PDF print form from SAP using <b>Form Interface</b>.

Once we done with the development, when the form is activated, it generates function modules with all data definitions defined in the Form Interface.

Hope I am clear. Please let us know if you have any more dates.

Thanks

Ramakrishna

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input. I am very much aware of Tcode Se80. I was just trying to relate how WD ABAP is different from WD Java for Adobe forms.

I am still not clear on one thing. When i create an Interactive form element, there are two properties -> Datasource & Template source. For WD Java, I always used Datasource. But here how different are these two properties. Can some one give me an answer, in comparison with WD for Java & ABAP.

Regards,

Murali.

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IN WD ABAP, you can specify an existing template to use for your WD ABAP application. The likelihood of this happening is a lot greater today in your ABAP backend than in a Java db. That's what the Template Source property is for.

In WD Java, you usually create a new template for each application automatically by dragging the UI element onto the View.

The dataSource specifies the conection to the backend data, i.e. where you want to get your data from on 'the way out' and which ones you want to update on the 'way back' in an interactive scenario.

Best regards,

Markus Meisl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramakrishna,

What are the prerequisite to use the Adobe LiveCycle Designer to developing PDF-Based Forms using the Transaction Code: SFP / SE80?

Where did you get the Adobe LiveCycle Designer software for ABAP stack? Could you please send me the links. And which version will support to ECC 5.0.

What will be the patch level.

Will adobe acrobat reader 7.0 be ok for this:

Please guide me with installation procedure as well.

I will be really thankful.

Thanks

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramakrishna,

Thanks for your inputs on this matter. I am developing a web dynpro application which contains two views. The second view contains a pdf form. If i develop the pdf form using Tcode SFP, can i embed that form in the second view and how???

Regards,

Vipul

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

To work on SFP/Se80, for Adobe designing, You have to download and install ADLC 7.1 from SAP Service Market Place. It is to be installed on all client machines where you are going to design the PDF. Acrobat 7.0 is fine.

Regards,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Murali,

i got your point. now i can open Adobe Designer with Tcode: SFP.

Now what is the roll of ADS? And what will be its version and SP level to support ALC 7.1

Regards

Ali

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

With ADLC you can open an editor for designing the PDF Form. When you are ready with it and would like to deploy or test it, you need ADS to be setup. Ity is actually a webservice which accepts the call and generates a PDF on the portal.

So if you need PDF to be an output of a WebDynpro Application, ADS must ne installed. People still use the classical way of integrating Smartforms for PDF. But now, ADS is being used widely.

Good Luck.

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Murali,

Nice to see quick response from your side.

Thanks for info. about the ADS.

Actually, I want to import the MSS Business Package and I need to configure the Adobe based forms with R/3 as well as Portal.Do you have any idea about that?

Thanks & Regards

ali

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I found answer for 1). It was a memory Issue. I am able to open Adobe designer thru Se80.

Can anyone explain me the reamining.

Regards,

Mruali.