Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parametres To External Window

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..All

I am opening up a new external window(say--WinB) from a view and i want to pass some parameters (not necessary , strings only)to this window.

So that in WinB , i can get those params and do some functionality.

I tried doing this thru Global context mapping, Thru URL Generation, web dynpro Portal Eventing but nothing seems to be working.

Is there any solution to this??

yah, its only a standalone Web Dynpro Application, no portal involved.

Thanks in Advance

sandip

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

Both the windows are in the same component.

I did all the mappings but still i am not getting the values in the second window.I tried thru Cust Cntrollers also.

Regards

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

It worked for me .Just check whether u have done the mapping properly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai..

please my one also same problame , how its works, when we open new external browser then autometically new instence created so how you share the value previous instence values..

I think some whare confuse. please explain how to solve this

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Armin..

Yah i have two views in two diff. windows..(WinA & WinB)

And i want to open WinB at run time. also i want to pass some data to this new window..

I am using IWDWindowManager APIs only for creating that.

I tried it thru context mapping using Comp Cntroller..But i am not getting the data in the external window..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

WIN A & WIN B are in the same component or in different components???If they r in the same component context mapping via Comp Controller will definitely work.

Otherwise u need to do the context mapping via interface controller.

Message was edited by: Sowjanya Chintala

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your window, you are displaying one or more views, which have view contexts. By binding these view contexts to a custom controller context (e.g. a component controller context), you have a common place for storing any data.

How do you open the external window, are you using the IWDWindowManager API? What exactly does not work?

Armin