SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Migration from Legacy System in IS-U

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are going to Implement a new IS-U project, I have a problem with LSMW(Legacy System Migration Workbench ), I have some Conversion Objects of IS-U and I need to know whether Data Migration is possible or not, please tell me how to find these Objects and how to know Data Migration is possible or not.

Objects are like.,

1. Accounts

2. Actuate Reports

3. Business Partner Relationships

4. Active Campaigns/Campaign Content/Dispositions

5. Connection Object

6. Contacts

7. Contracts

8. Opportunities

9. Payment Arrangement History

10. Payments

11. Premises

12. Rate Changes

13. Security Deposits

these are few and there are some more..,

Thanks in Advance,

Sai.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

To migrate Legacy Data in IS-U SAP provived Migration Workbench.(TCode: EMIGALL). It will help you to migrate legacy data in ISU.

Thanks and Regards,

Jyotishankar Dutta

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

To migrate Legacy Data in IS-U SAP provived Migration Workbench.(TCode: EMIGALL). It will help you to migrate legacy data in ISU.

Thanks and Regards,

Jyotishankar Dutta

0 Kudos

Hi Jyothishankar,

Thanks for your immediate response, can you please tell how can i find the Data migration for the above objects is possible or not.

Sai.

0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Use Transaction Code EMIGALL. It will ask for company code. By default Company Code is SAP. If you entered with the SAP you will get all the objects.Then goto menu IS-U Migration-->User Handbook. It will give you details Idea.

Also Check the following Procedure

You can find detailed documentation of EMIGALL in SAP itself. Use Transaction EQ81 to display it. It provides all the concepts and procedures to work with EMIGALL.

Here are some points about EMIGALL :

1. It Migrates data Business Object wise

2. It uses Direct Input Technique

3. It has more than 100 objects of IS-U

and the steps for implementation goes like this:

1)You have to create a user specially for migration which will have all the authorizations related to migration workbench, BASIS and IS-U

2)You have to create your own company in EMIGALL. There is a default company called SAP.

3)Company SAP contains all the Business Objects

4)You have to figure out what business objects u need and then u have to copy those business objects to ur company from Standard Company SAP

5)Each objects contains more than one structure and each structure can contain more than one fields. The relation goes like this

Object ---> Structure ---> Field

6)You have to define field rules for each required field of the object. You have to mark "Not required" for fields u don't need

7)After field rules for a given object is set u have to generate load report i.e. actual Direct Input Program which will migrate data. This program is generated on basis of field rules set by u.

8)After the load report is generated u have to prepare an input file (import File) for migration. The import file should be according to structure provided by SAP and must be in binary format. SAP Provides the structure of file according to your configurations. You have to write ur own Data conversion program(in any language) for this task.

9)You take import file as input and migrate the data using generated load program

10)Finally u can check the Migration Statistics and Error Log

Thanks and Regards,

Jyotishankar Dutta

Message was edited by:

Jyotishankar Dutta

Message was edited by:

Jyotishankar Dutta

0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls help me for ISU Migration Workbench(EMIGALL). How to upload data.

If u have any documentation step by step pls send this id yjreddy@gmail.com

Regards,

Janardhan Reddy,