Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI 3.0 -- Local Adapter Engine

trevor_zhang
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I can sent the file of my local PC to the XI 3.0 by using the local adapter engine of XI 2.0. But I can't do it by using the File Adapter Communication Channel in XI 3.0.

In my XI 2.0 local adapter engine, I startup the RUN_ADAPTER.BAT in my local adapter engine folder. And create the file_inbound adapter: File_2_M47 as:

-

<b>## file adapter java class

classname=com.sap.aii.messaging.adapter.ModuleFile2XMB

mode=FILE2XMB

1. Integration Engine address and document settings (example, see docu)

XMB.TargetURL=http://10.37.217.65:8000/sap/xi/engine?type=entry

XMB.User=xiuser

XMB.Password=xipass

XMB.SenderBusinessSystem=FILE_SYSTEM

XMB.SenderInterfaceNamespace=http://trevorecc5.com/xi/file

XMB.SenderInterfaceName=ZMI_SO_IDOC

XMB.ContentKind=B

#XMB.ContentKind=T

XMB.ContentType=application/xml

#XMB.ContentType=text/xml

#XMB.ContentType=text/plain

XMB.QualityOfService=EO

##File Adapter specific parameters (example, see docu)

file.sourceDir=C:/filetoidoc

file.sourceFilename=.

file.processingMode=setAttribute

#file.processingMode=delete

#file.processingMode=archive

#file.archiveDir=c:/temp_archive

file.pollInterval=20

##xml conversion properties if mode FILE2XMBWITHROWCONVERSION specified (example, see docu)

#xml.fieldFixedLengths=15,25

xml.processFieldNames=notAvailable

xml.fieldSeparator=;</b>

-

Note: The IP address (10.37.217.65 ) is my XI 3.0 server.

I can send the file of my folder - C:/filetoidoc.

I have configured the Comunication Channel in XI 3.0.

And the related parameters like as:

-

<b>Comunication Channel: CC_FILE_IDOC

Service : FILE_SYSTEM

Adapter type : File

: Sender

Transport Protocol : File System(NFS)

Message Protocol : File

Adapter Engine : Integration Server

Source Directory : C:/filetoidoc

File Name : .

Quality Service : Exactly Once

Poll Interval : 20

Processing Mode : Set to Read-Only

Empty-File Handling : Do Not Create Message

Process Sequence : By Name

File Type : Binary

The sender comunication channel CC_FILE_IDOC has been assigned to the sender aggreement /File_System/ZMI_SO_IDOC/ of namespaces: http://trevorecc5.com/xi/file</b>;

-

But it can't work!

I don't know how to configure the file adapter Comunication Channel for my sending in XI 3.0.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Trevor

Message was edited by:

Trevor Zhang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Trevor,

The parameters look good in the Sender File adapter to me.

Few things you need to check,

1. Does the server have the read , wrtie and execute permission on the folder?

Also, as you have the set the file to read only, once the file is picked by the sendr File adapter , the mode will be set to Read Only and then it cannot be repicked again.

So, check if there is any error in the sendr file adapter in the adapter montioring and then see if there is any message in SXMb_MONI for the file picked?

Instead of read only, try making the mode as delete and this will allow you tgo know if the file has been picked by the file adapter or not.

Regards,

Bhavesh

trevor_zhang
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh ,

Thanks for your answer!

The file will be sent and changed to Read-Only and the realted message is in my XML monitor (SXMB_MONI) when I using the XI 2.0 local adapter engine.

But nothing occurs when using the sender comunication channel as blow configuration.

I don't know how to send my local file to the XI 3.0 when I using the sender comunication channel.

Maybe the adapter engine of my sender comunication channel is not the Integration Server if I want it to access my local file? But I don't know how to do it.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Like pointed by moorthy, you need to look into the Adapter Montioring from the RunTimeWorkbench and see the status of your file adapter to understand the reaason for the same.

Regards,

Bhavesh

trevor_zhang
Explorer
0 Kudos

Red LED: Channel starts but has errors

When the source directory is 'C:/filetoidoc' .

11/27/06 2:19:20 PM Configured source directory 'C:/filetoidoc' does not exist

When the source directory is 'C:\filetoidoc' .

11/27/06 2:19:40 PM Configured source directory 'C:\filetoidoc' does not exist

The folder 'C:\filetoidoc' is exist in my local PC.

What I should do for it?

Thank you very much for your help!

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.You need to share this folder on your Local PC and then give the path as

<u><b>
IPADDRESS OF YOUR MACHINE\SHAREDFOLDERNAME</b></u>.

2. You also should make sure that XI server can access this particular machine of yours and has all permissions on the folder.

Regards,

Bhavesh

trevor_zhang
Explorer
0 Kudos

Red LED : Channel starts but has errors

when Source directory is '
10.58.66.66\filetoidoc'

11/27/06 2:35:41 PM Configured source directory '
10.58.66.66\filetoidoc' does not exist

Note: My local PC's IP address is 10.58.66.66.

If the XI server can't access my local PC,

what I should do for it. I can't logon to the XI server!

The XI 2.0 local adapter engine can send my file to the XI 3.0 server, how to configure the XI 3.0 comunication channel like the XI 2.0 local adapter engine?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Trevor,

Are you developing this sceanrio for production or for your own understanding purposes? If you need this for production, then you need to go for either a FTP server in your PC or local adapter engine (which you are doing it now.)

Coz, for production it is not supported to use File system protocol to access the files.

If for understanding purposes, proceed..

>>If the XI server can't access my local PC,

what I should do for it. I can't logon to the XI server!

Your XI server should be able to connect to the shared folder.

One option is to map the folder you shared in your PC as a separate drive in your XI box (say as z:/). Then you can use it.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To check if the XI server can access your machine, you need to ping your Machine from the XI server. As you do not have access to the same, you need to ask your BASIS team to help you in this.

If they do not accept to opening the firewall between your Local Machine and the XI server, there are 2 options,

1. Run the FTP server on your machine and ask the FTP port to be open.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/08/01/along-came-a-file-adapter-mr-ftp-and-rest-of-the-gang

2. Use NFS on the server itself. Aask basis team to place the file on the srerver itself.

Regards,

Bhavesh

trevor_zhang
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This sceanrio is for my understanding purposes, but it is also for my future production developing.

The comunication channel in XI 3.0 can't be configured just like the XI 2.0 local adapter engine.

I think the XI 2.0 local adapter engine is more useful than the XI 3.0 comunication channel.

Thanks!

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

><i>I think the XI 2.0 local adapter engine is more useful than the XI 3.0 comunication channel.</i>

I ve never had the opportunity to work on XI 2.0 but the difference lies in the entire architecture of the Adapter Engine in XI 2.0 and XI 3.0

While XI 2.0 had the adapter Engine as a J2SE based engine, XI 3.0 is based on the J2EE framework and thereby allows more features including modules , and also supports different types of adapters and custom developed adapters as well.

There is no real difficulty in configuring an adapter in XI 3.0 but ofcourse one should take in mind that the network level details should be beyong an XI developers job role.

You need to look at the fact that the problem you are facing is not because XI 3.0 adapter has some problem, but rather because you seem to have network restrictions!!

Regards,

Bhavesh

trevor_zhang
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thank you very much!

I think I will enjoy using the XI 3.0.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Trevor,

Like I mentioned I have not had the experience of seeing an XI 2.0 system, but, XI 3.0 sure is fun especially when you see the new features being brough out in each SP level, it makes your task more and more easy..!!

All the best,

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Monitor the communication channel configured? for this go to RWB->Adapter Monitoring and check the file sender communication channel

If there is no error then check in the SXMB_MONI transaction. If data is not reached, then check the log in the Visual Admin.

Regards,

moorthy