cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roles of SAP XI Developer

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey guys

working as an XI developer am i supposed to create RFC or IDoc's for any of the scenarios or it is the work of ABAP developer?also when i m doing any scenario in real world(suppose JDBC-RFC) am i expected to instal the JDBC drivers or is it all work of the administrator?

thanx

ahmad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It all depends on the type of implementation and size of the implementation in a landscape.

In many cases, we can see, Idoc/RFC development is carried out by ABAP team in a huge implementations. There are cases,XI developer has written ABAP code for RFC/Proxy etc.

Regd. Driver installation, it is generally done by Administrator/BASIS team.

So it all depends on the implementation size/team/cost/skill/deadlines etc.

Just to look into -

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx krishna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Adding to moorhty, normally in an XI environment, the developers are just given the role of an XI developer andn not even an ABAP developer. So, most of your work will be related to XI design and configuration. But again, there can be cases when you might need to do some ABAP coding like ABAP Mapping etc etc on the basis of your requirements.

Creating of Idoc's , RFC's etc is mostly your functional and ABAP teams work but it can also be expected out of an XI developer in the rarest of rare cases.

Regards,

Bhavesh