cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introscope WebView password - what is it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all,

i am running WAS J2EE Engine 6.40 with SP10 in windows. after reading the postings to this forum on profiling tools, i tried and installed Introscope from Wily Technologies. it came on a CD shipped with my net weaver '04 package.

following the instructions in the doc "Introscope Version 5.3 Installation Guide for SAP End User" and oss note #797147, i was able to install the introscope enterprise manager, agent and WebView.

now the question is how i use the tool. when i tried the url http://localhost:50000/webview, it asks for user login. in the WebView.war file there is a users.xml file with just one user 'sapsupport' and an encrypted password. so i assume sapsupport is the user id. but the password is not mentioned in any documentation i could find.

??? QUESTION: what is the password for user id 'sapsupport' for WebView application?

thanks much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wentao,

Swapan is correct. I am from Wily Technology, responsible for the work we did with SAP. Per the documentation, the Wily products that are supplied with Netweaver are solely for the use of SAP.

We do offer SAP customers a "right-to-use" license for our full functioning products. This would give you the ability to do both triage and proactive application management and monitoring for your development, QA, and production environments.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or would like to learn more about this.

Best regards,

David Getzler

Wily Technology

dgetzler@wilytech.com or sap@wilytech.com

+1 415 562 2124

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

swapan_saha
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Wentao,

Introscope bundled with WAS J2EE Engine SP10+ is to be used by only SAP remote support. You may contact SAP support or Wily directly to find more about the scope of Introscope within NW.

Thanks,

Swapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

just couple of follow up questions on Introscope.

in the setup doc, "Introscope Version 5.3 Installation Guide for SAP End User", page 11 under the section "Running the AutoProbe Connector", sub-section "Using NetWeaver 04 / SAP J2EE 6.40", there is a note saying:

"Do not activate the Introscope Agent on the NetWeaver installation that will run WebView."

what does this mean? and where shall the agent be activated? the entire installation doc seems to also assume/imply the introscope enterprise mgr, the agent and the webview are all installed on the same machine. how do i make sense out of these statements? what is the 'correct' installation landscape?

another usage question. since i don't have the password for the WebView, i took a look at the ear and war file and managed to remove the security filter from web.xml. now i can access the WebView pages, a dashboard and an explorer. but it appears to be set up for SAP Enterprise Portal, at least all of the dropdown selections are.

QUESTION: is introscope only meant for sap portal or can i use it for any web app deployed on sap j2ee engine? a little bit more documentation on how to use the tool would be very helpful. the introscope online docs contain just one line of comment: contact sap support.

thanks for any thoughts and suggestions in advance.