cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning authorization role to position in PP02 (SRM 5.0) not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We've run into a problem in our SRM 5.0 system that we're not sure how to solve.

We defined a role where we only set the BBP_APPROVAL_LIMIT attribute in the Personalization tab. It has no other transaction authorizations.

When we assign this role to the user directly the user inherits the BBP_APPROVAL_LIMIT as expected.

When we attempt to assign this same role to a position through PP02 and run the PFUD, the attribute values are not transferred to the user personalization attributes. Doesn't matter what we do, we can't seem to be able to get it to work.

Does anyone one have any experience with this that they could share?

Regards,

Jerry Martinek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

I was not aware that it was possible to manage, in SRM, authorizations at position level. I have always worked at user and role level...

Will be curious to know if it is possible.....

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yann,

Thank you for the reply.

This is one of the things that I'm trying to confirm which is whether it can be done. I was told that it does work and that they use PP02. But as we can't get it to work I wanted to know if anyone else is using this process and if yes, how do you do it.

If people mainly use the explicit user assignment via PFCG, do they manage it manually or systematically?

Thanks,

Jerry

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Manish_Bhandari
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry ,

As far as i know too, the role can be assigned only at the user level. In case the user is defined in the system, kindly use the transaction SU01 and attach the new role for that particular user. In case this is not what you are looking at, then please clarify on what is it that you are trying to achive/do

Regards

manish