cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct and Indirect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

can someone tell me whats the difference between direct and Indirect reports in SRM-BW.

whats the functionality of them.

how to figure out them

where to find them, any T-codes, tables will of great help.

it would be great if some one can tell the relation between R/3 PO and a SRM PO

Thanks

kedar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understood Your question about direct and indirect reporting in SRM-BW.

Direct reporting it is a SAP RemoteCube in BW. RemoteCube is and InfoProvider. This is a special RemoteCube that allows You to define queries with direct access to transaction data in other SAP systems. RemoteCubes are defined on the basis on an InfoSource with flexible updating, and assume the characteriscics and key figures of the InfoSource.

Indirect reporting is like standard BW reporting with master data, transactional data, attributes and hierarchies.

All BI content You may find in transaction RSA6 on SRM side.

-

There is not many difference between SRM and R/3 PO's. On both side you may create PO from SC, PO with direct or indirect material etc.

Please look into service.sap.com/instguides -> SRM -> Plan-Driven Procurement and Self-Service Procurement

Regards,

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcin:

Thats my bad i was not clear. i am not talking about the remote cube.

i am wondering is there any term :direct " and "indirect" in SRM. i have some reports in BW Bex. i leant that some are based on PO's and the remaining on Goods receipt.

i am wondering is there a link where in i can find out about this

i gave points

thanks

kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a term direct and indirect in SRM but it concern materials.

Direct Materials = directly used in the production process, mostly held on stock

Indirect Materials = MRO (maintanance, repair and operations), not an integral part of a product.

All information about extractors used in BW are in RSA6 transation.

Regards,

Marcin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

check

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3a/7aeb3cad744026e10000000a11405a/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/7a/68073c52619459e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

also

service.sap.com/bi

->business content -> supplier relationship management

service.sap.com/srm

hope this helps.

Regards,

Marcin Gajewski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcin

can you put it in your own words. just a few sentences will be fine if you can give me an overview

thanks

kedar