cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading R/3 reference tables in MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know how best one can load R/3 reference tables related to Customers in MDM thru Import Manager?

Options:

While loading for example KNA1 table whether all the required reference tables also can be loaded simultaneously thru the necessary mapping?

OR

First have to load reference tables(like Account-group,company etc) and then load KNA1 table's required fields to MDM

In this later case whether to map the reference fields also while mapping KNA1 fields which will try to create duplicates.

May be I am making some fundamental mistake to understand loading of reference/lookup tables and master tables process.

Appreciate your valued input

-Reo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note# mentioned not found

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reo,

I'm sorry, I have no idea why you could not find the note in SMP. The note number is correct and the note is available on SMP. I'm not sure, maybe your user has not enough rights to search for notes?

Kind regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reo

It's simpler to manage as separate actions (so import the reference tables first.)

Using the CUSTOMER repository as an example, the main table "Customers" references table "Title" as a flat lookup. Lets assume you have the value <b>Mister</b> stored in your "Titles" lookup table in the repository, but the data you're importing uses the abbreviation <b>Mr</b>. Once the field mapping has been done, you would have to map the value <b>Mr</b> to the value <b>Mister</b>. This way, duplicates will not be created because the Import Manager will equate <b>Mr</b> in the source to <b>Mister</b> in the destination. If you do not perform the value mapping, and instead simply add the values, then duplicates WILL be created.

FYI, <u>all</u> source fields that have been mapped to lookups (flat, hierarchical, images, etc) <u>have</u> to have <u>all</u> of their values mapped - the Import Manager will not allow the import to execute without mapping all of the values.

HTH

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply.

Please help me to understand the process for loading reference table visa vis value mapping.

I have to load reference tables first , so what you are saying while mapping reference table i have to make value mapping or while loading say KNA1 table value mapping needs to be done ?

Can you explain in steps the loading of say 'Title' ref table and KNA1 table where 'Title' is a lookup flat in main table.

Appreciate your valued suggestion.

-reo

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reo,

if you use the standard delivered MDM Customer repository, you may have a look at note 830864. It describes how you can load the Reference Data into MDM. It even contains a report that will extract the R/3 tables and provides the data in XML format thus it can be easily imported with the Import Manager. Furthermore the standard repository contains the Import Maps for Import Manager.

The reason for the refrence data load is the following:

table KNA1 stores SAP codes only for data that belongs to customizing data. To follow Mark's example, the title "Mr." has code 1, "Mrs" has 2, and so on. So if you store a customer, KNA1 will only contain 1. There are several reasons for this. The most important one is that a code is language independent. In the UI you'll see "Mr." or "Hr." (german abbreviation), of course. The second reason is that the codes are used in the SAP standard distribution. If you have a look at the customer IDoc (DEBMAS or DEBMDM) you do not see the title "Mr." but only the code 1. This keeps the messages small and language independent.

Kind regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

How to get to the note-830864 ? Is it in in this forum?

regards,

-Reo

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reo,

SAP Notes are available in the <a href="http://service.sap.com/notes">Service Market Place</a> or directly in OSS.

Kind regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I did not found any note#830864 in service market place

May like to get the correct one please

Thanks,

-Reo