cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jvm terminated. exit code=1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After much installing and uninstalling of many components, I seem to have Developer Studio close to working. I had a previous Eclipse installation with PDK for Portal, but had to undo all of that in order to install Studio. Now another problem, when starting Studio I get error "jvm terminated. exit code=1." This pops up as a Java type error which I think is originating with Eclipse. Any ideas? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got similar problem during the installation of Developer Studio 7.2.

My Colleague solved it with a very simple way.

Just create a shotcup icon of SapNetweaverDeveloperStudio.exe on the desktop and open property of the shortcut.

In the Target field you can add the path of VM, i.e.:

D:\WNRC\NetWeaver\Java\NWDS_platform_3\eclipse\SapNetweaverDeveloperStudio.exe -vm "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_26\bin\javaw.exe"

Since I have installed many Java JDK or JRE therefore, new NWDS does not know which version to be taken.

Hope my experience could help you.

Regards

Rene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your JVM version. My Sneak Preview pack says one of the "System Requirements" is "Sun J2SE SDK version 1.3.1_07". I installed 1.3.1_12 (since that is currently the newest and only supported version of the 1.3 SDK), and SAPinst installed everything successfully. However, on running NetWeaver Developer Studio, I got the same error.

Unfortunately the JDK installed at the time you install NetWeaver is written into at least 27 different files, so I didn't really have any choice but to uninstall NetWeaver and reinstall it with JDK 1.3.1_07. I'm doing that now, and hope everything still works at the end.

Rich