Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to get hierarchy group elements from middleware. Reason: Could not c

o_shaw
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have installed the MI java usage type for NW2004s and have configure the java stack to use its own SLD. However after logging on to the Netweaver administrator page I get the following error:

"Failed to get hierarchy group elements from middleware. Reason: Could not connect to middleware".

The same error occuurs when I log on as MISUPERADMIN. I am also not able to create an hierarchy group.

Does anyone why this may be happening?

Best Regards,

Owen.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

o_shaw
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks guys the problem is resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas, Owen,

It worked out, but not immediately.

I followed the steps which Thomas advised.

So I checked the steps.. I discovered that I had configured the syn service user instead of de admin service user.

After I changed this it still did not work.

The mandatory setting of SAPFactory_EN was already there.

What I did next was, I deleted the project which was created with the config tool.

Hereafter I repeated the steps of Thomas. Hereafter it worked.

There are still some nodes which are saying that the plugin cannot be started but I think this got something to do which the fact that the SLD is not configured properly but this is not nessesary for now. I want to create setup packages for mobile devices and I think I am now able to do that. Now I can go further with configuring the NWA. Thank you very much!

Patrick Willems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

your guess is right, when you click on the monitoring nodes and you do not have setup the connection to a SLD you will get these errors as SLD is required for the monitors to run correctly.

Enjoy your new Mobile Admin

Cheerzs,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas, Owen,

I have exactly the same problem. I have configured the JCO / JRA according to Thomas' reply, it still gives me the same error in de NWA: Failed to get hierarchy.....

Now I have 2 questions.

1. I have created the 2 service users manually but I named them different from MI_SERVICE and MISUPERADMIN.

My question is do I HAVE TO name them the same as the installation manual MI_SERVICE and MISUPERADMIN with the appropriate authorization or doesn't this make any difference.

2. In the deploytool you have to set the Portnumber. I filled this accordingly to the manual with systemnumber in our case 12 and not the default java portnumber 51200.

Regards Patrick Willems

o_shaw
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Patrick,

The Problem I was having is resolved after I copied the standard JRA Connection with name SAPJRAFactory_EN.

The weblink from the previous thread tells you how to achieve this.

I hope this helps.If not let me know.

Cheers,

Owen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

the name of the admin users is completely unimportant. It has just to be a user of the ABAP Stack and he has to have the auth as describes in the setup guide.

What is important:

The JRA has to be deployed and copied to the name SAPJRAFactory_EN. You can have copies for other languages as well (e.g. SAPJRAFactory_DE) but a copy for english ("_EN") is mandatory. The name is very important as NWMA is looking up the service using this name!!!

Do the connection settings for the JRA Service as describes in SAP Help. The port number is the system number of the ABAP Stack (not J2EE).

If this has been done you should see the HGs.

What you can do as well is to check the trace files of the J2EE.

Check the JCO trace and the default trace of the j2ee.

--> <SAP_HOME>\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGS00\j2ee\cluster\server0

then dev_jrfc.trc

and \log\defaultTrace.0.trc

Rgds Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Owen,

Kindly check the connection settings to Middleware. Kindly enure all the entries are made to settings. Take care of the lower case and upper case entries, application server spelling, client and login username and password.

Thanks...

o_shaw
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Preetham,

Could you be more specific in your answer..What settings are you asking me to check. If you are asking about the the connection to the SLD then all the hostname settings are in upper case. If you are asking about the Jco connections then I can tell you that I have 4 working connections:

MEMGMT_MOBILE_CONTAINER_SYNC

NWA_PROGRAM

LCRSAPRFC

SAPSLDAPI

sapfallback

Which of thes settings should I check?

Also the SLD Data supplier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Owen,

NWMA uses the JCO to connect to the ABAP stack in order to receive the HGs, and so on.

THe settings for that are described in the sap help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/1d7d843fce3566e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f4/329b422716c76ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

So check that the JRA is deployed correctly, that the entered info is correct (user, pass, client and so on) and the service is copied to the correct name, as NWMA is accessing it using this name.

Rgds Thomas