cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Manager logon issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

The client side Data Manager is installed. I was given the Host name of the MDM Server. The host name can be Pinged successfully.

1) Click on the Right button "...." the a dialog box appeared.

2) In the MDM Server field: Enter the Host Name ==> Not working

(short host name or long host name does not work)

3) Click on the Right button "..." a "Select MDM Server" is shown

but the host name is also not in the list.

Any Client Side troubleshooting? or config that I have to do?

Any Documentation that tells How to Logon to MDM Data Manager?

The Data Manager was not helpful.

THANKS> PM.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PM

Along with Mark's four points check one more thing. Check If there are any other repositories mounted on the server if yes check what ports they are mounted on. In SP4 I noticed MDM server not giving error while loading multiple repositories on same port. But fails to resolve the repository when trying to connect through Client like data manager.

For this just unmount all other repositories on the server and try connecting through data manager. If you are able to log on mount the unmounted repositories with unique port numbers.

I hope this helps

Regards

Bala Pochareddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick

Things I'd check (in order) :

1. The MDM Server is started and the repository is loaded.

2. If you know the port that the repository you're trying to connect to is running on, try telnet to that port. So if the server's IP is 10.10.10.10 and the repository is on port 2000, goto a command prompt on the client machine and execute "telnet 10.10.10.10 2000". If the connection fails then it is most likely a firewall problem between your client machine and the MDM server.

3. If you're certain that it is not a firewall problem, then have a look at the MDM Server's operating system network restrictions. If the MDM Server is on a Windows 2000 Pro or Windows XP box, then you may have exceeded the number of allowed connections.

4. I can't think of a 4 right now. Let us know the exact error you're receiving. Can you connect to the repository from another machine?

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try entering the IP Address of the MDM Server. Also, try to see if the port of the repository plus 3 consecutive ports are opened for remote access...

Hope that helps..

Regards,

Tanveer.

<b>Please mark helpful answers</b>