Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Every one,

I need to propose one solution for existing interface, and scenario is,

we have one interface called XI403AS3, This is an inbound interface, input file is getting picked from specified directory of the server.and file name starts with XI403AS3. this interface is for delivery note confirmation.

presently we have one plant 'A' , and plant name is one of the field in input message, and for mapping we are using XSLT mapping. and further in configuration we have set the Party (X) -> Business service -> communication channel , interface determination ,receiver determination, sender agreement and receiver agreement.

A is getting mapped with X sender partner

but now will have three plant (B, C , D)from three different files but the files name will have intials XI403AS3 same as current and that plant (B, C, D)have to mapped with their specific sender partners(Y , Z , P) .How can we go about it.

X, Y, Z, P are sender partners and with the same name we hace inbound partner profile set in SAP with appropriate message type.

Pls help me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mention that the file name starts with XI403AS3, but is that the full file name? If the filenames are unique then you can setup separate communication channels for the different partners. If the files are the same name, in the same directory then obviously some data runs the risk of being overwritten. So there must be some nomenclature that you are using in order to specify which files are which.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

File name will indicate plant code with it. like,

XI403AS3HK.timestamp

XI403AS3XX.timestamp

and file content will also have plant code inside.

As per Moorthy suggestion, we have the same plan, I tell you my steps and my confustion in it.

1. I will not touch IR (means no mapping change).

2. Presently I have

2.A>one party called ABC_HK, and its communication chnnel,

2.B>interface determination

2.C>receiver determination

2.D>Sender Agreement

2.E> Receiver Agreement

and now when will have three more party like XYZ_TH, PQR_BR.........XXX_YY

I have to go for similar set of configuration from 2.A to 2.E.

Even I may prefer having different communication channel even though the files will be picked from same directory and with same initials as I defined earlier(need your suggestion on this)

My confustion here is how the plant will choose the right sender partner (Party) at run time from configuration. because I didn't really do anything to map my plant code with its specific sender partner. one imp point is that here we have receiver partner same for all the plants.

Can you clear my confusion where I have to really tell plant code with sender partner or it will be choosen magically.

Rgds,

Ratnapriya

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

You can try out with conditional Reciever/Interface determination.

So in this case, at a time it will pick up any file with one communication channel and then based on the plant it will route into different recievers.

This blog may help u-

/people/venkataramanan.parameswaran/blog/2006/03/17/illustration-of-enhanced-receiver-determination--sp16

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Without BPM also you can acheive it, You can try this one.

I hope the file is read from one directory depending upon the content of the file it has to ruted. If so.Content based routing in the Receiver Determination will do. In this case the file name can be same no issue at all.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

With the help you BPM you can acheive it.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You must go for BPM to achieve this if I am not wrong.

Regards

S