Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign Transactions to a Role with their Menu Tree Structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to create about 60 roles and, I have the Transactions that must be in any Role.

The problem is: We want to create the Menu on the Role with the Transactions and their Menu Tree Structure.

I know that on the Menu tab, clicking on the Import Menus, "From SAP", I can look up the Transaction and chose the one I want on the Path I want.

But, some Roles have a lot of Transactions (some have more than 100) and it is really painful and slow to asign them.

Is there any way I can do this faster?

Thanks in advance for your help,

José Pinedo

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understand correctly - there are a set of tcodes you want - with the same folder structure - and you want this the same on each of the 60 roles.

I suggest you do it once and save the role - then import the role you just created.

This will save you from having to select the same ones from the SAP menu 60 times.

0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for your time but, I would like if it were so easy.

The problem is that not all the roles have all the same transactions.

Some roles have some transactions and some others have some other transactions.

If I add the tranx via "From SAP menu" I would have to chose them anytime.

It looks like there is no way to do it other than the way I don't want.

Thansk for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jose,

If I understand correctly you are going and selecting from sapmenu, there is other way you can assign <b>transation code</b> by directly slecting the transaction code

you can find this while entering in to the menu tab, there you can find tabs insert <b>Transations, authorisation, other object</b> on the top of selected menuscreen.

select <b>transations</b> give your tcode and press assign transation.

i think this will solve your problem

regards

D.Samrat

0 Kudos

Hi, thanks.

Yes, I know that I can select them from SAP menu but every rol has different transactions and when I chose one, there are several paths to chose.

If I select the transactions independently, I won't have the menu path, which I would like.

Thanks,

Jose

0 Kudos

Hi Jose

I don't think there are any "easy" Solution for this. I have been i an couple of projects where we created an ABAP to generate the menu structure from a spreadsheet. This isn't a small task so perhaps the fastest way is to do the role manually (And yes I know It's a hugh and boring task )

Regards

Morten Nielsen

0 Kudos

Hi Morten, thanks for your post.

Sadly, I think you're right. I had hope to do the job I have to do in an easier way, but I guess not. I've already began to create several rol that are sub-menus of the roles I will do later. This is the best solution I got. I've also made an excel spreadsheet to visualize the group of transactions to know which sub-menus to create.

Regards,

Jose Pinedo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

There is a way by which you can upload tcodes from an Excel sheet

while creating the role. However am not able to recollect it now.

Once you have done the above and assign the role to user.

The user can login and remove SAP menu and display his user menu

(user menu will show only his transactions assigned)

regards / Jayaraman Krishnamurthy

Intelligroup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

is there any fm or bapi to add tcodes to an exsisting role ? (like in we do in pfcg)