cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About interaction forms functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I have a question for you. I need to insert (dinamically) an image into my developed smartform in order to create documents with the same appearance but with different image. In fact, I have to generate documents from CRM product master with the related product image, so each image will be different (and unknown) for each product.

I have two problems;

- Smartforms doesn't allow me to insert JPGs or GIFs images, so I think interactive forms would be a good idea

- The images will change for each product when the user execute my smartform (they have to specify for what product they want to generate the document).

My conclusion is that smartform smartform techonology is not appropiate to my requirements. BUT I don't know if interaction forms could be useful and how could I reach this requirement.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks very much

Javier

Message was edited by:

Javier Merino Vivar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Yes definetly interaction forms could be useful with respect to this scenario and you can insert (dinamically) an image into your PDF.

Please let me know if you require further information.

Thanks,

kris

venkata_ramisetti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

As per my knowledge, It is possible to show dynamic image content for your requirement using Interactive forms.

Including Graphics: There are two kinds of graphics that could be included.

a) Graphic Content: Here we specify the field name and in the runtime it contains data of the Graphic. Data is stored Hexadecimal format. Here we can specify Mime type also. The supported mime types in the PDF forms are Bitmap, gif, pmg, jpeg, peg. Print program decides what graphic it wants in the form.

b) Graphic reference. Here we can specify the address where we can find image at the runtime. This could be static address. Or could be mixture of static part and dynamic part. You can specify HTTP address here and you can include dynamic string in the field URL to display image dynamically at run time. Typically come from the interface. The delimiter for windows field system is block slash (/). The delimiter varies in the Unix file system.

Note: We can only able to use images in the web server or File server. MIME repository is not supported. (I don't know about latest support packs)

Check the below link on how to add graphic content to interactive form.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/c8/4adf7ba13c4ac1b4600d4df15f8b84/frameset.htm

<b>

If you want to use Interactive forms solution, you need Java Stack, where Adobe Document Services is configured.</b>

Thanks

Ramakrishna