cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JAVA API: ClientSocket.Login error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We've recently upgraded from MDM 5.5 SP03 to MDM 5.5 SP04.However , after the upgrade i'm not able to access the MDM repository via the JAVA API.As suggested by some of the posts in the forum , i tried adding the latest JAR file to my project's CLASSPATH.The port number of the repository(2020) is same as the one in SP03.I can access the repository through the clients i.e console and data manager with the same credentials as i supply in my catalogData.Login() method. Pls suggest what else i can try.

Thanks,

Karambir Singh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karambir , try using the SP04 patch 2 MDM API , i migrated SP03 to SP04 and happends the same ,

Regards

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using NetWeaver Developer Studio, remove the old MDM4J.jar from the Java Build Path.

Add the new MDM4J.jar to the java build path.

I had the same Client Socket Login error.

I fixed using the new jar in the java build path.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Karambir, you have to upgrade your MDM server to SP04 patch 2 , in marketplace is available to download , the API comes into , in this way you ensure that all your version are the same ,

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karambir,

Check whether the patch no of both the API and MDM server is same...

Also, can you post the complete exception trace..

Regards,

Tanveer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply to u all ,

I am using MDM SP4 patch 02 API itself.Infact this is the only option avaliable for download at service market place.The catalogData.GetSoftwareVersion() gives the version of API to be 5.5.34.26.One thing that i found out is that the clients version on the server machine is 5.5.33.13.Does that mean that server is also same version?

If yes then pls let me know as to how do i find the compatible JAR file?If no then how do i find the patch level of the server?

Thanks,

Karambir Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

For MDM Clients like SAP Console, you can get the version number by following the menu path,

Help -> About SAP MDM Console.

For Server, you can get the server version, by clicking on the server name in the MDM Console.

You can use CLIX as well to get the server version. Use

CLIX mdsVersion MDMHostSpec command.

The clients version and the Server version should match, for MDM to function properly.

The ZIP file containing the API should be downloaded from service market place.

I just downloaded the zip for Patch 2.

MDMJ55004P_2-10003460

The zip file for the API is packaged with together with the other downloads.

All these work together.

Hope this helps.

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karambir,

To solve your problem

<b>--></b> Check version of API and MDM server

<b>--></b> Check if the Repository is loaded& running

<b>--></b> Check the port for repository

Thanks,

<b>Shiv Prashant Dixit</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karambir , try using the SP04 patch 2 MDM API , i migrated SP03 to SP04 and happends the same ,

Regards