cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Call ABAP/4 from .NET Connector 2.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

how can i call a ABAP/4 (let's name it ZPDOW03) with vb.net and .NET Connector 2.0?

RFC Calls to RFC "Funktionsbausteinen" (sorry don't know english expression) are no problem at all.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guangwei.

Is there a workaround for this problem. Can I create a DLL and place it on the machine from where I am making a call to launch SAPGUI and then call this DLL from the ASP page (Browser).

Thanks in advance.

Rajesh

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The most straight-forward solution for such a scenario is of cause to create a Windows-Forms smart client instead of a Web-Client. This supports of cause the call to SAPGUI.

If you keep ASP.NET, you could theoretically move the place where .NET-connector is used from the ASP.NET server to the client or you deploy the ASP.NET apps to a local IIS. Anyway, this will be tricky.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will this invoke SAPGUI on the machin from the webbrowser?

Thanks and Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This will invoke SAPGUI on the machine on which the .NET Connector is running. If you make such calls from within an ASP.NET application, the connector will try to invoke the SAPGUI on the Web Server (IIS) machine. Usually, such calls will fail because IIS is running as a Windows service and is not allowed to launch other processes that will interact with Desktop.

Put simply, don't make such calls from within ASP.NET.

Guangwei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you mean executable ABAP programs like ABAP report or ABAP transaction, you can not call them directly. However, you can call them indirectly through a RFC function module (Funktionsbaustein) in which you use SUBMIT or CALL TRANSACTION statement to invoke the program.

Please note that such executable ABAP programs usually need SAPGUI, therefore, you should use USE_SAPGUI=1 option in the connection string. Please also make sure that SAPGUI has been installed on the same machine.

Regards,

Guangwei