cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Material Procurement scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to do the Direct Material Procurement scenario. I've done the following steps.

1. Defined Local PO type and number ranges.

2. Defined the same PO type in Backend.

3. Assigned the PO type in the attribute DP_PROC_TY.

4. Defined Local Purchasing Org and Purchasing Group. (In the function tab, the backend system field is blank)

5. Defined Plant and Storage location in the extended attribute tab of the Purchasing group and also the user

While creating the SC, system is able to determine the local Purchasing group. But its throwing the error message 'System of purch. organization XYZ differs from doc. reference KED3112000'.

Here KED3112000 is our backend system from where the material group and the materials are getting copied. XYZ is the local purchasing organization.

Can anybody throw some light? We are in ECC6.0 and we are using SRM as an add-on component.

Thanks

Deb

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Manish_Bhandari
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Deb

Also please check out the following :

1. The material that you are trying to procure as direct material must exsit in the backend system and be assigned to a plant and storage lcation that you would mention while ordering from SRM

2. Have you replicated the locations from the backend in the ebp?if no , please run the report BBP_locations_get_from_system

3. replicate materials from backend system in the ebp

4. The responsibility of the product category that you are trying to procure should be included in the Local Purchasing grp. the source system should be maintained as your R/3 backend source system

hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debashish,

Create Backend Purchasing ORg and Purchasing Group in PPOMA (in function tab enter backend system ID and reference to PurchOrg in backend).

Please look at this thread:

Regards,

Marcin Gajewski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcin,

For Direct Material procurement, I think we need to have local purchasing Org and local purchasing group.

Once you hit the 'Order as Direct Material', system will assign it to a local purchasing Group and will create a SRM PO after the approval of the SC.

Am I correct?

Thanks

Debashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ordering a material as direct material means to order on stock. Direct material goods recipient will no longer be the user but the plant You are ordering for. The plant storage location is supported by the organisational structure through attributes REQUESTER and Stor. Loc.

After ordering the material as direct material there is no way to back into indirect material, so in case of a mistake You would have to delete this item.

For using the direct material scenario You have to provide the products. Therefore You need to replicate units, product categories and material types from the backends.

All SC are created in SRM with reference to backend plant.

POs are also transffered to backend system.

Regards,

Marcin Gajewski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcin,

For Local Purchaisng Org and Local Purchasing Grp, are we suppose to maintain any system name in the Function Tab in PPOMA_BBP? I've maintained the Name of the local Purchasing Org and Local Purchasing Grp and kept the system field blank.

As I was getting the error message 'System of purch. organization Corporate Information Systems differs from doc. reference KED3112000' I keyed in system 'KED3112000' for the Local Purchasing Org. Now I'm getting the following error message.

'System KED3112000 of purch. organization Corporate Information Systems differs from doc. reference KED3112000'.

Now even though both the systems are same, but still I'm getting error.

Once I press 'Order as Direct material' button, system is deleting the defaulted Storage Location. And giving an error message 'Select a location to which a plant has been assigned '. But there is plant in the Location field.

Can anybody throw some light??

Thanks

Debashish

former_member184214
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

do you have storage location defined on the same tab, just different radio button?

And this storage location must be linked to plant in the backend.

Do not think that will help, but worth to try :o))

Gordan

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For your local Porg and Pgroup , do not set any value, just flag it as Porg and Pgroup.

The Pgroup and Porg values are entered only for the backend purchasing node !

kind regards,

Yann