Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import IDOC to XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

How Can i import IDOC to XI...

Are there any predefined IDOCs ....

How can create my own IDOCs....

i heard that there is not need ot IDOC Adapter at sender side like the scenario is IDOC to file... How? XI will directly get that particular IDOC

How to define the structure of IDOC in datatype..

It Would be helpful in creating IDOC to file scenario, if u help me..

Thanks & Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Doule click on your Software Component in the Repository.

See if option Allow import of RFC and Idoc is enabled. If not sleect it and activate your software component.

Next, go to the option --> Imported Objects --> Right Click --> Give the system details from which IDoc is to be imported and then improt the idoc b y selecitng the idoc you want to be imported.

><i>Are there any predefined IDOCs ....</i>

yes, there are custom idocs available in every R3 system.

><i>

How? XI will directly get that particular IDOC</i>

The R3 system used a TRFC to post the Idoc to XI. It hits the integration engine of Xi directly and so no need for a sender idoc adapter.

><i>How to define the structure of IDOC in datatype..</i>

Idoc itselct acts as the message type and message interface. No need for a datatype. Just use the imported idoc as a message type and message interface,

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

how to create business & technical systems, should i keep it as third party or WebAS ABAP when i was doing Idoc to file scenario...

if it is Web AS ABAP then how to get the fields like SystemID,Installation number and DB HOST....

Thanks & Regards..

Pushapraju.B

Former Member
0 Kudos

R/3 system you need to create as WebAs ABAP and File system as third party system. To get SystemID,Installation number and DB HOST login to to your R/3 system and in the menu choose System->ststus.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For R3 systems the business systems and tech system should be Web AS ABAP.

><i>if it is Web AS ABAP then how to get the fields like SystemID,Installation number and DB HOST....</i>

Can you look into this thread posted by you and read the answer in it as well, and then ask for clarifications?

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

So we need to create 2 techinical systems and 2 bussiness systems for IDOC to file scenario right.. one for R/3 system and one for file system...

Am i correct bhuvesh....

if it is how to complete the details of R/3 in tech system please tell the step-by-step

System Type - WebAs ABAP

General - SystemID, Installation number, DB hostname form R/3 system

How to get details of Central servers,application servers and client

Thanks & Regards.,

Pushparaju.B

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Refer this weblog for complete IDOC-XI-File scenario

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

Thanks

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello pushparaju,

you can import idoc structure to xi simply by using imported object in integration repository. you can import any idoc or RFC structure from the remote system by giving the necessary credentails.

when an idoc is triggered from your r/3 system to XI system this idoc automatically receives the idoc and converts into idoc XML structure using idoc adapter. The next thing you need to do is create a service in integration directory and pick the XML IDOC structure that is present in xi system and process it further

<<How to define the structure of IDOC in datatype>.

and finally for you question when you import idoc structure you can use it directly as an interface.(the import idoc structure is itself you data type or message interface etc)

Hope this solves your problem, if you have any further doubts please revert back to me.

Thanks

Krishnam raju N

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For an Idoc to file , take a look at these 2 blogs,

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/02/23/configuration-steps-required-for-posting-idocsxi

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

How Can i import IDOC to XI...

Go to your software componet version->imported objects->right click import sap objects->enter sap application details,system no,user name pwd and click on continue and select idoc from list.

Make sure in your software componet version->Import of RFC and IDOC is allwoed radio button is selected.

Predefined idocs

MATMAS Material Master

CREMAS Vendor Master

DEBMAS Customer Master

ORDERS Sales/Purcahse Orders

3 How can I create my own idocs

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/fe/48ee7113745840a98ac0054f4f1a2b/content.htm

Thanks,

Tuhin

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to get Connection data for import from SAP...

Can u please tell me..

Thanks & Regards.,

Pushparaju.B

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The conection data will be your R3 systems details from which you are planning to improt the idoc.

Regards,

bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

connection data is application server name(of your R/3 Server) and system id for application server.

If the system from which u want to import idoc is available in your sap logon pad.

Select system->right click->properties.Here you can see application server name and system id.

Thanks,

Tuhin