cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Enrichment architecture - adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to write a custom MDM Enrichment Adapter. I found only one document on the service market place which gives a little detail on how to develop a custom enrichment adapter. is any more documentation avaialable on this? any sample code? javadocs for the enrichment API ?

TIA.

Suman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://service.sap.com/swdc

Download->Support packages and patches

->Entry by application group

->NetWeaver

->MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orit,

yes I got the sorces...

Thanks a lot

Best Regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

could you kindly send me the link to service market place as well?

Kind Regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please download SP06 Patch 1 or higher from service market place.

EC package for SP06 Patch 0 was corrupted.

Regards

Orit

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For cleansing of data you can follow this in MDM Enrichment Adapter.

packagecom.sap.gooddata;

importjavax.ejb.SessionBean;

importjavax.ejb.SessionContext;

importjavax.ejb.CreateException;

importcom.sap.mdm.enrichment.adapter.skeleton.EnrichmentAdapter;

importcom.sap.mdm.enrichment.adapter.skeleton.EnrichmentAdapterException;

importcom.sap.mdm.enrichment.adapter.skeleton.EnrichmentRequest;

importcom.sap.mdm.enrichment.adapter.skeleton.EnrichmentAdapterResponse;

/**

• @ejbLocal<{com.sap.mdm.enrichment.adapter.ejb.EnrichmentAdapterLocal}>

• @ejbLocalHome <{com.sap.mdm.enrichment.adapter.ejb.EnrichmentAdapterLocalHome}>

• @stateless

• @transactionType Container

*/

public classGoodData_CleanEnrichmentAdapterBean implements SessionBean, EnrichmentAdapter

{

/**

• EJB standard methods

*/

public void ejbRemove() { }

public void ejbActivate() {}

public void ejbPassivate() { }

public void setSessionContext(SessionContext context)

{

myContext = context;

}

private SessionContext myContext;

public void ejbCreate() throws CreateException

{ }

public EnrichmentAdapterResponse getEnrichmentService(EnrichmentRequest request, String serviceName) throws EnrichmentAdapterException

{

// TODO : Implement here service logic

}

public String getAdapterVersion()throws EnrichmentAdapterException

{

// TODO : Implement your code here

public boolean isDataServiceAvailable(String serviceName) throws EnrichmentAdapterException

{

// TODO : Implement your code here

may be it can help in your problem.

or basically

The MDM Enrichment Architecture builds upon existing functionality in MDM that support consolidation and distribution of data from and to remote systems.

This includes the use of Syndicator for extraction of record data bound for the third party service provider and Import Manager for loading of enriched data on its way back to MDM.

The framework includes two new modules:

The main module is the enrichment controller that supervises and coordinates the process of calling the external services. This module of the Enrichment Architecture offers an API to plug in enrichment service-specific adapters that interface between MDM and the external service.

The external enrichment service is offered remotely by an enrichment service provider or locally by a software component installed at customer premises.

With the current version of the MDM Enrichment Architecture the main connection between the Master Data Server (MDS) and the Controller are connected by a step in the MDM Data Manager workflow. Each enrichment service is represented by an enrichment adapter u2013 an enrichment service-specific software module implementing an interface in order to provide connectivity between a particular service and the enrichment controller.

The controller invokes the appropriate enrichment adapters when needed.

and you can follow this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelpmdm550/helpdata/en/44/aa411ce9d57454e10000000a11466f/content.htm_

you will get most of the answers.

hope it helps.

Rgds

Deepak

AndreasSeifried
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

the source code of the interface classes is included in the file MDM_EnrichmentAdapterSkeleton.jar, which is part of the MDM shipment.

Further information is available via the MDM Learning Map http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700003471552005E

including the recording of a webinar:

http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700002843092005E

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

The first link threw the following System error

User not authorized to access requested Info Object ! when i tried with S User ID.

Also how to navigate to the 2nd link from marketplace home page

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please try the following link, this is very detailed and helpful guide:

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700006119482006E

Did you find a sample source code ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to access the above link but coudn't access because of some authentication issue. I desparately need some code sample for the following method

public EnrichmentAdapterResponse getEnrichmentService(EnrichmentRequest request, String serviceName) throws EnrichmentAdapterException{

}

Please help me

Thanks in Advance,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to access the above link but coudn't access because of some authentication issue. I desparately need some code sample for the following method

public EnrichmentAdapterResponse getEnrichmentService(EnrichmentRequest request, String serviceName) throws EnrichmentAdapterException{

}

Please help me

Thanks in Advance,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A sample code is provided as part of Enrichment Controller packages:

See MDMENRICHMENTCONTROLLER*.sca file

-> tcmdmenrichmentsimulatoradapter.sda

-> src.zip

Regards

Orit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Orit,

thanks a lot for your fast response. I found the sca but not able to open it. Is it possible for you to give a link to the src.zip so that I can download it for which my curiosity increases with time.

Thanks and kind Regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orit,

Unfortunately we canu2019t open the intended sca. The possible reasons could be as below.

"The Zip file cannot be opened. If this Zip file is part of a multiple-disk set, please insert the last disk of the set and try again (this is required by the standard Zip multi-disk format). You may subsequently be prompted to insert other disks from the set."

I am able to open every other SCA except the intended one. Hope I will get the src.zip

Regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Can you specify the version of MDM EC you are trying to extract ?

Thanks

Orit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Orit,

we are using SAP MDM 5.5. 2007/11/29 51033213

Regards,

Manoj

Edited by: Manoj Kumar Nanda on Aug 11, 2008 12:33 PM