Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to simulate 1000 concurrent user connections in EP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all.

i'm planning to do a load test for EP.

Our scenario is like the following.

"1000 users on different client machine connect to EP and do some basic operations."

W.r.t the above scenario, is there any easy way to do simulation?

What i'm thinking is

1. By using JMeter or similar tools,

2. Connect 1000 times automatically with http://<EP URL>/irj/?j_user=<user>&j_password=<password>

3. Measure the time and load of EP server.

But the problem is that when i connect from one client machine, even if i connected 1000 times, it seems that only 1st connection is real one and the following connections just use session info(?) and those connections don't make any load to EP.

Please tell me your ideas and other way to do this kind of load test.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could somebody please give me the how to doc for ip spoofing in LR..My email id is

arthi06in@yahoo.co.in

former_member197561
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Load Runner is product of HP.

Please, refer to HP web pages for recent documentation on the features of Load Runner.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/software-solutions/software.html?compURI=1175451&jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-00...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

swapan_saha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sejoon,

You can simulate 1000 different clients (with different IPs) using Mercury LoadRunner(LR)'s "IP Spoofing" feature. You can also simulate "1000 different clients" using LR without IP Spoofing in case you do not care about different client IPs.

Each client will create its own J2EE session with the SAP J2EEngine and create different connections with the J2EE Engine. In case you intend to use LR, please let me know. We will send you "How to.." instructions for LR. Other tools should do similar tasks too but I do not have personal experience and hence do not want to make any comments with other tools.

Thanks,

Swapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like information on "How to..." instructions for LoadRunner.

Thanks

swapan_saha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Do you want to simulate 1000 different users with same IP or different IPs using LR? The answer also will depend on what you like to do in your script. For an example

Case 1:

You can login to the server; Do something over loop; Logoff.

Case 2:

Within loop - { Login - Do Something - Logoff }.

All the above cases can be solved by multiple ways. You can use a parameter for username and read the values from a file. Otherwise, you can generate a different username adding some "C" code based on the LR function VUserID. In other words, for each VUser, you will get different username either reading from a file or appending the VuserID to some static part (like Test1 to Test1000 where 1 to 1000 come from VUserID and "Test" is the static part). In all the cases, J2EEngine will create different J2EE Sessions and even will issue different SSO cookies for different users.

In case you need specific answer, please send me the specifc question based on the above discussion.

Thanks,

Swapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swapa,

Can you send me the LR guide kindly.

Thanks.

James

ajloren2000@yahoo.com