cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference between sxmb_moni and the one done using Run time workbench

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys

wats the main difference between the monitoring done using sxmb_moni and the one done using Runtime workbench in XI.

also where will i get information about different modules of SAP,i need to know a little bit about FI,SD and MM.

thanx

ahmad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

SXMB_MONI- This is used to monitor all messages processed by the Integration Engine.

But RWB- is a Cnetral Monitoring component. So here you can monitor Adapter Engine, Integration Engine also. So that;s a difference .

So when you are using j2ee based adapters for the scenarios, error analysis starts with Adapter Monitroing, Message Monitoring/SXMB_MONI and then again Adapter monitoring at the Reciever end...

Regards,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can't view the messages sent directly to the ABAP engine ( like the HTTP and IDOC adapter ones) in the Runtime workbench. They can be seen only in Moni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

<i>You can't view the messages sent directly to the ABAP engine ( like the HTTP and IDOC adapter ones) in the Runtime workbench. They can be seen only in Moni</i>

<b>R u sure about this?</b>

-Naveen.

Message was edited by:

naveen chitluri

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SXMB_MONI allows you to monitor the messages in the Integration and Business Process Engine.

RuntimeWorkbech allows you to monitor the flow of the message from the adapter Engine to the integration engine and agaion back to the adapter engine, in other wors , actual end to end montioring can happen in the RunTime workbench while MONI also only to monitor the message flow in the Integration Engine.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

wats the main difference between the monitoring done using sxmb_moni and the one done using Runtime workbench in XI.

>>>

SXMB_MONI is based on the ABAP stack while the runtime workbench is on the JAVA stack. Moreover the runtime workbench has other features like component monitoring, mesg. monitoring, end-end monitoring, alert confg. , performance monitoring etc.