cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Logon 640

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know how to configure SAP Logon 640 so that the logon pad does not pop-up or appear in the system tray when the GUI is accessed via the enterprise portal?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try it!

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\SAP\SAPLOGON>Default

if this data is "off", change "on".

My case was solved this problem.

Best reagrd, Everyone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to modify the registry

HKLM\SOFTWARE\SAP\SAPGUI

Create a DWORD value named "StartSaplogon" Data = "0" (exclude the quotation marks)

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Leticia,

couldn't you use the SAP installation servers for distributing SAP GUI? I would assume that you could also add additional registry keys before running the distribution. Or are there other restrictions that prevent you from doing this?

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leticia,

We had the same problem (with the size), it started with a recent compilation of 6.20. We deleted the Adobe folder and all the CAB files. That shrunk it to a reasonable size. The install checks out when we run a SAPSETUP /Check, but SAP recommended against this in a Customer Message.

We use SMS to host the installation, not the SAP Installation Service. It appears (we haven't done a trace to verify) that the CABs are only used by the SAP Installation Service.

Regarding repackaging the installation in Windows Installer, given the complexity of the installation, I don't recommend it and I'm pretty sure that SAP does not recommend it either. We use SMS Installer to do customizations like modifying registry keys, but SAP now has the ability to call scripts in the install to accomplish the same things.

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I noticed that you use SMS to deploy your frontend. I am currently having issues deploying 6.40 c3 with a SAP Installation Server and the pdf file it creates.

How do you have SMS hosting the installation w/o the installation server? We require several modules to be installed (BW,CRM,Outlook, APO/SEM). We would like to install w/o adding another service on the machines.

Any help is appreciated.

Mikio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mikio,

The process we use to host the installation in SMS is almost identical to setting up a SAP Installation Server. We run ..\GUI\WINDOWS\WIN32\setup.htm from the downloaded compilation and select the Intallation Server Setup Option. Supply a regular file share for the location and copy the files. Cancel out of setting up the distribution service. Then run SAPAdmin from the share and set up your GUI package, adding BW etc. You can optionaly export the PDF and SMS files for the package. We don't use them. We add a wrapper program to call sapsetup with our package like:

sapsetup.exe /p:"KC-Complete" /noDlg

Then import the entire folder into SMS. You can then advertise the wrapper program.

Hope that helps.

John

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Leticia,

the developers say that SAP Logon is started minimized. So you will get the system tray entry and maybe also a taskbar entry. There doesn't seem to be any way to configure this. Sorry.

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this different than 620? We are currently running 620 and it's not happenening.

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I asked the developers again, and got that 'Ah, that's what you mean' look

The problem seems to be that in 6.40 the portal starts saplogon.exe while it's sapgui.exe in 6.20 per default.

There is a registry key for that. In key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\SAP\SAPGUI

please set the DWORD value StartSaplogon to 1

Did that help?

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

I changed the registry setting you sent me and it did not work. Any other ideas?

Letty

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Letty,

looking at my last posting I think I made a mistake: The value should be 0 rather than 1. Sorry for that.

The idea is that running a shortcut - for example from the portal - should NOT start SAPLogon. Instead SAP GUI should run in a different process.

You can verify this using the Windows task manager: If there is a process sapgui.exe than the registry key worked. If you still see saplogon.exe then it didn't work.

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wasted many hours with SAP support on this problem. I finally found the solution in Note # 552646. Christian's solution works for us

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Christian. This worked!

Now, I'm having problems re-packaging the application for distribution. We are trying to repackage it as a .msi or deploy it using the default install. When we repackage the .msi it doesn't work. When we use the vendor install the package is too big to distribute.

Is there a way to identify what files are needed based on the options we select to be installed?