cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File-to-IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey guys

i m doin file to IDOC scenario and have no clue where to start off,can u people guide me a little bit

thanx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai

When dealing with file->xi->idoc

1.Go to design and create Data structure for file,then message type,message mapping,interface mapping,message interface for the file and activate these things.

2.No need to create message interface for idoc.

3.import the idoc in your scenario using imported objects.U can test using message mapping by taking a sample file.

4.Go to configuration

5.Create sender communication channel,sender agreement for the file,receiver determination,interface determination, receiver agreement for the IDOC and then activate all these things.

now u can test it by taking a sample XML file.

Regards,

Gunasree

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

While doing an File -> XI -> IDoc scenario, The Points to be noted are:

1. You don’t need a DT, MT or a message interface for the IDOC as it itself acts as the Message Interface.

2. You import the IDOC and use the same in your mapping.

3. In this configuration note that you will need a sender agreement for the file.

4. In this configuration note that you will also need a receiver agreement for the IDOC.

For any File -> XI -> IDoc scenario ref:

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/12/22/file-to-multiple-idocs-xslt-mapping

Regards.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

First U fix Ur requirement, like which IDoc has to be used, what are the systems involved...

IDoc related config.

If Ur using Standard IDoc, Assign the Message type to Partner profiles Inbound parameters. Give the process code.

Import the IDoc to IR, and create the IDoc metadata using IDX2.

Create a DT with file structure, as well as MT and Outbound MI for the file.

Create MM – File 2 IDoc.

Create IM – File – mm – Idoc.

Activate Ur Change list.

In ID:

Create a Sender CC for File -

Sender Agreements, Receiver determination, Interface determination and Receiver Agreements.

Activate all the objects.

Now Ur Scenario is ready for testing. Using HTTP Client U can test Ur interface.

From,

Yallabandi.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have sent the document to your mail ID, ( IDoc mapping )

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Doss

I dint get any mail from u still. can u plz cross check my email ID.thank u very much for u r quick response

thank u very much

xilearner

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

These are the setting you would need to do.

On XI

SLD:

1. Create Technical system for the R3 system.

2. Create Business System for the R3 system.

T Codes:

1. SM 59 -- Create RFC destination for the R3 system.

2. IDX1-- Create a port for the R3 system,

For other setting with rrespect to file, take a look at the file to file blogs and then make it a file to idoc scenario,

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

Regards,

Bhavesh