cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create an report in EP using VC with RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I am new on EP and I have to create one report in EP using VC. This report will extract the data from ECC by RFC. Does anybody could send me any step by step manual.

Thanks in Advance,

Antony

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frente,

if you have a RFC you can use it as other data sources, drag it into storyboard and connect it with other components like a table, formular or whatever you need.

If you need more information, give me more details.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Marcel,

Thanks for your reply. The problem that I am facing is that I am not able to Find any RFC on the FIND DATA SERVICE. I getting this error: " Failed to connect to backend system. Check your system definition and user privileges". The Basis consultant already changed my status profile to administrator, but still not working. Do you have any procedure to find my RFCs.

Regards,

Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

is the user mapping correct to the backendsystem? - Did you a connection test for the system?

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like your system setup is not correct. Please take a look in this document:

How to Resolve Visual Composer Issues

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/92d80512-0a01-0010-32a3-cd3...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Marcel,

Thanks for your answers, I did create my required project. Now what I need is to add (total) the values on output table view, how can I add totals to my rows and coluns.

Regards,

Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mario,

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) I would post this question as a new one.

2) In your case (using an RFC), the RFC needs to deliver the totals, otherwise it's too costly performance-wise on the front end.

However, in case you use XMLA or JDBC connectors, you could use MDX or SQL statements, which allow you to calculate the totals.

Answers (0)