cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up HTTPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey all,

My basis guys, added an SSL certificate to our XI server.

We are stumbling our way through the documentation for the steps to exchange messages via HTTPS. How do I set the adapter to use HTTPS in the integration directory. I only see HTTP 1.0 in the options for protocol, while trying to setup the HTTP adapter settings. Should I see one for HTTPS now once the setup is done correctly in regards to enabling HTTPS communcation? I am trying to find a way to verify that the basis guys have done all that is needed, because my message is still failing on the other end.

Regards,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Following Steps you must do.

- The HTTP destination from the ABAP application system to the Integration Server must be configured as HTTPS.

- The external sender must use a HTTPS connection to the Adapter Engine

- The corresponding Integration Directory channel must be configured as an XI 3.0 protocol using HTTPS.

- The corresponding Integration Directory channel to the external receiver must be configured as a corresponding adapter protocol using HTTPS.

- Internal communication between Integration Server and Adapter Engines:

The following exchange profile parameters must be set:

-com.sap.aii.connect.secure_connections = messaging

-com.sap.aii.connect.integrationserver.httpsport

-com.sap.aii.connect.integrationserver.r3.httpsport

The HTTPS configuration data of the Adapter Engines has to be configured in the SLD.

More Information in the "SAP Security Guide XI"

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/de/f7/c2953fc405330ee10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

"- The corresponding Integration Directory channel to the external receiver must be configured as a corresponding adapter protocol using HTTPS."

The external party will be a receiver or messages from us.

During testing, no security was in place so we were sending to a URL using the HTTP adapter. Now HTTPS protocol must be used. However, for the HTTP adapter type, HTTPS protocol is not a drop down option. Does that mean I have to use adapter type "XI" to send to a URL via HTTPS?

Regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check whether HTTPS services have been activated in SICF??

-Teresa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Richard,

In the communication channel you need to select the following:

- Transport protocol : HTTP1.o

- Addressing Type : HTTP Destination

- HTTP Destination: your ABAP RFC (type G)

In your RFC destination you specify the URL and the certificate to use to connect to your server. This should work.

Let me know if you need more detail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Things work great now, thanks for the steps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Richard,

Can you explain your steps 1 and 2 more clearly?

1. The HTTP destination from the ABAP application system to the Integration Server must be configured as HTTPS.

2. The external sender must use a HTTPS connection to the Adapter Engine

How to create the HTTP destination from the ABAP application system to integration server?Where do i need to creat this one?

Thanks in Adavance!.

Message was edited by: murugadass krishnan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have certificate from 3rd system and need connect to this system via HTTPS. I import this certificate in STRUST and add this certificate to all points (System PSE, SNC (SAPCryptolib), SSL Server, SSL Client (Anonymous), SSL Client (Standard)). In this fields are only one record (servername_SID_IN). In this records have imported certificate. I create rfc dest to 3rd system and in logon/security choose "Basic Authentication" with ssl active and user/password, save it and test connection. nothing. If I choose ssl inactive connection tested, but only http. If I choose SSL Client Certificate nothing again. What do I wrong?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am going through the same scenario. Outbound SSL /HTTPS communication to an external party.

I'm not completely clear about what the steps are.

(1)Did you need to use the XI adaptor in the Integration Directory Channel?

(2)did you have to use the ABAP RFC?

(3)Also "The HTTPS configuration data of the Adapter Engines has to be configured in the SLD".

Regards

Carol

Former Member

In SM59, setup an RFC connection of type "G" for the URL you wish to connect via HTTPS to. In the security page, choose the appropriate SSL certificate.

In the integration directiory, the adapter is still HTTP, however choose RFC detstination at the "type". Then put in the name you used in SM59.

You can test the connection in SM59, you should get a return code of 200.

Regards,

Chris