cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM FAQs

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our project (SRM and back end system is SAP ECC 6.0) , we decided to go ahead with Extended Classic scenario. But seems like we are not leveraging on most of the functionalities provided by MM in backend system where as it is going to be development in SRM system

A) Pricing procedure - The main disadvantage in SRM is that we won't be able to capture the price components.

B) Creation of Reservation for the requirements - In R/3 system based on the movement type, cost object fields will become mandatory where as this does not exist in SRM . I understand that movement type is maintained as user attribute and reservation will be created for that movement type.

I would like to hear feedback from SRM/MM experts for the above points.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) material price can be replicated from ECC to SRM.

Main drawback in SRM is the lack of real pricing conditions like the one that exist in MM with price schema.

2) In SRM, except for stock procurement, cost allocation is mandatory.

You have a badi to play with the movement type to be sent to ECC.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

Thanks .

With regard to point 2 , I understand that based on the account entered in shopping cart , we can populate the movement type thro BADI.

The requirments are 1) All the requirments have to be raised in SRM system 2) From Shopping cart, Reservation has to be created for all stock materials 3) MRP run PR and PO in ECC system 4) From Shopping cart , Procurement will happen in SRM for all Non stock items.

Which scenario(classic or Ext Classic) is most suitable for the above requirement.

Regards

Mani

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to use classic scenario for reservation.

You can use ECS for the other purchase (except the MRP that you decided to run in ECC).

Of course, if you don't need PO in SRM (all PO users tool is ECC), you just have to use classic scenario for all purchases.

Kind regards,

Yann

Message was edited by:

Yann Bouillut