cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Server with registration (TRFC) emulated via .Net Connector

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are currently trying to connect an application (lets call it application A) that usually connect to SAP via RFC and register itself (TRFC) to a new custom solution (lets call it application B). This application is developped in VB.Net, so we think about using the .Net Connector to emulate the SAP RFC Component that accept a TRFC connection. It means that application A will connect to application B, register, and then listen to application B to call RFC functions.

I know it look a little bit strange, but if we can do so, we can save time and avoid modifying application A.

Is it possible ? Has someone allready done it ?

To avoid confusion, as I may not be very clear, in the .Net Connector documentation, they explain how you can develop a TRFC server that connect to SAP and register itself into SAP. The thing I want to emulate is the SAP registration listener.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Best regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Grégory,

How are you doing ?

To emulate the listner, you will need the equivalent of a TSR

You will need to capture all calls to the particular RFC listner port, and then decide if it is a call you are looking for.

This is a high effort task . I'm sure there will be an alternative solution. Please explain a bit more to me about what you would like to achieve, we could look at other ways to achieve the same objective.

with respect,

amit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Grégory,

How are you doing today ?

thank you for the reward points.

please let me know how i could assist to meet the requirement with an alternative solution.

with respect,

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Grégory PFISTER,

I think you need to see the Server Side Programming help. The Link is provided below for your reference.

SAP .NET Server

(This part gives you the Theory Details.)
http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/d1/c4374a13c67b409ac914f7158fa13a/content.htm

SAP RFC Server Programming

(Example)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/91/00c47831d3ce4aad5253c1e021e525/content.htm

The first link takes you to the theory part and the second link explains the concept with an example.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Maheswaran.B

Message was edited by:

Maheswaran Baskaran