cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEBMDM06

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Is there any standard functionality on R3 on how we can push DEBMDM06 IDoc object out of R3? Hope you guys can help me out on this. Points will given to appropriate solutions.

Lehmann

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sulaiman,

To trigger IDOC do the following thing.

Go to IDoc Test Tool in R/3 using transaction WE19

Select the IDoc Type to send.

Fill in the IDoc Data record.

Fill in the Control record.

Select Outbound Processing to transfer the IDoc and this will trigger the idoc.

For Check in

Go to transaction SM58 in R/3 for the process completion.

Using transaction WE02 in R/3, IDocs List can be monitored.

Using transaction IDX5 in XI, the inbound and outbound IDocs can be seen

Regards,

Vishal Kumar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael ,

Thank you for the advice. We already have this setup in the R3. However, using the function Module Customer Extract, we only manage to extract only a portion of KNA1 table. The reason for us to extract the DEBMDM05 or DEBMDM06 is that DEBMDM has a complete structure of the Customers, which also include the Customer Credit Management segment (KNKK). Is there a standard way to extract this out?

Best Regards

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sulaiman,

I've had a look at the extractor for DEBMDM ("CUSTOMER_EXTRACT"). The extraction of the credit management segment (KNKK) seems to be not implemented for this IDoc type. So the sollution would be the usage of the DEBMAS IDocs and transaction BD12 as described above.

Kind regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

but the CREMDM does extract the KNKK segment with the IDoc. Is this going to be enhanced for DEBMDM?

Best regards

Nicolas

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

are your sure that this is the case? I don't see any extraction of KNKK in our local systems for vendors. This would not make much sense, because KNKK is the Customer Credit Card Management, so there's no relation the vendors.

Anyways, to answer your question: as far as I know, there's no enhancement planned for DEBMDM.

Kind regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is puzzling on why KRAUS which is part of KNKK is not in the DEBMDM but it is in the CREMDM. I hope that SAP would look into this and enhance the DEBMDM by adding the KNKK segment to the Customer_Extract module in MDM_CLNT_EXTR functionality. Nevertheless, I will try to approach this problem with the suggestion that you have proposed. Appreciate the pointers that you have given. : )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you solve this sending DEBMDM from R/3 to MDM.

I am having the same requirement.

Please help me out.

Thanks

Kiran

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

transaction BD12 can not be used to distribute DEBMDM06 Idocs. With BD12 you can only send DEBMAS06 IDocs. The difference between those IDoc types is, that DEBMDM is mass capable (one or more objects per IDoc) where DEBMAS can only contain one object per IDoc.

Furthermore DEBMDM IDocs are MDM specific, they are not part of any standard R/3 resp. ERP system. If you want to use this IDoc type, you have to apply the corresponding PI or PI-Basis plugin to your system. In addition, the plugin contains transaction "MDM_CLNT_EXTR". You have to use this transaction with extraction object "CUSTOMER_EXTRACT" to send DEBMDM IDocs. Of course, the system's ALE configuration needs to be done correctly (for details on this, you may have a look at the current MDM 5.5. SP04 Installation Guide, available on <a href="http://service.sap.com/installmdm">Service Market Place</a>).

Kind regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Whenever KNA1-AUFSD changes, I need to send an IDOC to MDM with the time stamp. Can I write a program to read the change pointers and trigger the DEBMDM06 IDOC manually? or Is there any other standard way to achieve this ?  or Do I need to go with DEBMAS06 IDOC? Please let me know which one is a correct approach.

michael-john_turner
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assuming you have your ALE subsystem correctly configured, you may be able to push them out with transaction BD12 (create outbound customer master). I've not tried this myself, but it's something you may want to explore.

MJ