cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS monitoring of SRM's own XI integration engine

kimmo_sirpoma
Participant
0 Kudos

I have CCMS problems when monitoring XI integration engine of a SRM system. The integration engine will not appear in CCMS. I opened a question on SRM solution forum, could somebody have a look at it there. Here is the link to original question and earn your points there:

background: I have previously managed to successfully set up CCMS monitoring for a plain XI system, but there seem to be some difference while SRM's XI only has integration engine and not J2EE engine running. SRM XI Integration engine is in place due to ABAP Proxies used by SRM.

best regards,

Kimmo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to follow the note <a href="https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000002442&_EVENT=DISPLAY&_OBJECT=012006153200000552232003&_NNUM=634771&_NLANG=EN">634771</a>

and following this document <a href="https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700004422742005E/XIMonitoringHowTo_01aSR.pdf">How To Monitor Exchange Infrastructure 3.0</a> pay attention to page 34, for the use of a Central Monitoring (CEN) System.

Of course you have to adjust the GRMG in order to have only the ABAP part under monitor.

Best Regards

kimmo_sirpoma
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Sandro, but I had this document source already. But I try to read it again and find what is missing. However I disagree the need of GRMG configuration for ABAP stack. I have another full XI system - actually XI development system, which is missing completely the GRMG config and still CCMS shows nicely the integration engine alerts of this system (but of course not the Java components). Actually even the note that you refer says 'You want to activate CCMS monitoring to monitor the Java components of an XI landscape'. Or did you accidentally had a typing error in your answer when saying GRMG is required also for monitoring ABAP part?

My assumption is that during SRM installation (not done by me) the Integration Engine part is missing some of its configurations - perhaps those batch jobs that sends alerts.

best regards,

Kimmo

kimmo_sirpoma
Participant
0 Kudos

I solved this my own. A background job SAP_CCMS_MONI_BATCH_DP was not scheduled (scheduling is made via RZ21 menus) in SRM. And that is not an XI monitoring specific report. Performing config steps of XI3.0 monitoring guide was not necessary as I had assumed except that yes I did made RZ21 configuration by enabling SRM system in System Group Exchange_Intrastructure in CEN system.

br: Kimmo

Answers (0)